20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I changed my ink and now it says cover open when its not and nothing will work now
problem could be due to a communication failure between one of the printheads
(cartridges) and the All-In One (AIO) or by a short in one if the printheads. Please follow the steps
below to identify and fix cartridge issues:
- Make sure the printer is on.
- Open the printer cover. The
print cartridge carrier moves and stops at the loading position, unless
the All-In-One is busy. Note: If the carrier does not automatically move
to the center, turn off the printer or unplug the printer from the power
source and then carefully slide the carrier to the center.
- Remove both cartridges from the
- Close the printer cover.
- Re-brick your printer by
pulling out the power supply - black box behind the printer where the
power cord is plugged in to, and re-plug after 30 seconds.
- When the printer turns on, reinsert
one cartridge first. Close the printer cover and check for any errors.
- If no error appears, reinsert
the other cartridge. Close the printer cover.
- Replace whichever cartridge is
causing the error to appear with a new genuine Lexmark cartridge. Try to
print a document again to verify that the problem is fixed.
on Apr 11, 2012
Don't have a disk
Please visit the Lexmark website to download and install the Lexmark X3470 printer driver
on your computer. Select your operating system versison > click on FILTER > click on the driver under Recommended Downloads > download and execute the file. Simply follow the instructions on your computer screen to successfully install the printer.
Note: The Lexmark X3470 printer works on Windows operating system only.
Should you still need assistance, please leave a comment to my response and I'll get back to you. Thanks.
on Oct 19, 2011
How do i use my scanner
Perhaps the Lexmark X3470 User's Guide will be able to help you. Download using this link: http://bit.ly/cSUqq8
, Scroll to Page 45 for the instructions. Make sure to install the Lexmark scan software, using the installation disk, in your computer before scanning. If you lost the disk, I suggest you contact Lexmark technical support to request for it. Thanks.
on Aug 18, 2010
Disc for my printer
If you need the printer driver, here's the link to the Lexmark website for the available Lexmark X3470 drivers for Windows operating system. http://bit.ly/9peYc3
. Unfortunately, there are no drivers available for Macintosh operating system. Choose the right driver compatible with your computer's operating system. Download and install the software. But if you really need the installation cd itself, you can contact Lexmark Technical Support to request for it. They may send you one for free. Hope this helps.
on Jun 21, 2010
3.5 x 5
open front cover if you can see roller turn it manually and full paper as you can.
on Apr 11, 2010
How do i use the scanner on my lesmark x2670
Hello. There's a User's Guide available for download in the Lexmark website. I believe that will give you a more detailed information on how to do scanning on your Lexmark X2670 printer. Just click on this link: http://bit.ly/a4kvor. Then, click on Publications tab on the center of the page. Click on User's Guide to download the PDF file. Hope this helps.
on Mar 27, 2010
I couldn't use my lexmark 3470 scanner,please
Some Lexmark printers have to download the Application List, before they can scan. It might take 3 or 4 times for the printer to get it downloaded, don't ask me why. I don't know what else to tell you, you didn't say much about the problem. Do you have your cord hooked up to the USB port? Did you install the CD that came with your printer? Is your printer showing up in the Control Panel, letting you know the drivers are installed?
on Mar 19, 2010
Start by following the steps below to get the paper out from the machine.
- Turn off the printer.
- Remove any paper trays. Inspect them for wrinkled or damaged paper.
- Also open the back cover of the printer if this model has one.
- Open any other doors that give access to the printer's paper path and to the toner or ink cartridge.
- If necessary, remove the toner or ink cartridge. Place it away from light/ sun light to avoid damaging it.
- If you find a piece of jammed paper, remove it by holding it with both hands and pulling firmly. The goal is to keep the paper from tearing. If several pieces are jammed together, try pulling out the middle piece first to loosen the jam.
- If the paper does tear, try rotating the roller gears manually to free the paper. Don't force anything, though. Do this step especially if the jam message comes up repeatedly without any obvious paper jam, there may be a small tear of paper inside.
- Ones the printer is free of paper Replace the toner or ink cartridge and paper trays, close any doors you opened and turn the printer back on.
- If the printer paper jam message still appears, then there is still some paper in the printer. Reinspect the paper path.
- see alternative if the problem is still not solved.
Load a piece of thick paper, for example photo paper and press the resume button (may be diffrent button on diffrent models) a few times to the printer picks up the paper and puts it through the machine.
If that doesn't help then you would have to start taking apart the machine to find the jammed paper and remove it, its not something a just anyone should do unless you have experience.
you may have to take the machine to a repairer to get the jammed paper bits out of the machine, if you don't see paper jammed in the machine it does not mean that there wouldn't be a paper jam somewhere in the unit along the paper path.
on Mar 04, 2010
Printer Lexmark x3470 showing "Cover open" / "Cub abierta" while closed, problem!
This is a common fail in this model. there is a white plastic arm which works as an extender for the switch that senses if the cover is open or closed. This part is easily detached from its place (in my case not broken but it could happen I suppose) resulting in printer showing the message "Cover open" / "Cub abierta". the switch is situated under the scanner in the middle . when you lift the scanner part to see the ink cartridge, you see a plastic part underneath between the hinges that looks like a 2/3 of a circle that is the part that pushes the switch.
You should open the printers gut and place the loose part back in place. Be ware that flat cables' contact ends could easily brake! use precaution!
(if you shake your printer you may hear the sound of the lose part).
Happy solving problems!
on Feb 01, 2010 | Lexmark MFP-X3470 All-In-One InkJet...
Not finding what you are looking for?