20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Oven lock light
Oven lock is usually associated with oven cleaning. Last owner probably tried to clean the oven for you and didn't finish the cycle. Either finish cycle or turn it off (if possible).
on Oct 03, 2017
The display on my oven
mine did the same thing. the contol pannel is bad. sears.com has a replacment pannel. here is the parts number.
if the door is locked then try the unlock metod. it also will lock the screen from working. press and hold both cancel-cook&hold buttons at the same time for 3 seconds. if it works your in luck. if not it will cost 190.00 for a new pannel. cheers.
on Jan 11, 2011
The screen that you use when setting the oven temp
Sorry to read about your problem, I hope this helps you out.
try to turn off your ckt breakers keep off for 10 secs.. then see if stove resets.. if not you have a non repairable problem at this time....
I tried to help you. Please help me and Rate/Vote on my response, thanks and good luck
on Dec 25, 2010
Keypad touch problem
The touch pad , the carbon track within could have lost the track continuity and is best to get this replaced.
Since the pad is wedged a repair with a carbon pen may be short lived , hence the pad can be replaced.
Check if the pad contacts are good.
on Sep 19, 2010
How to turn on cleaning option older Kenmore Self Cleaning oven
Thanks for your question!
I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet.
The response rate on FixYa FREE questions is usually over 80%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:
1. the question is unclear, incomplete, or poorly worded...
2. the question is mis-categorized - so the correct experts aren't viewing it...
3. the question requires an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately...
4. specific training, tools, or equipment are required to avoid injury or death...
5. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully...
Please feel free to re-work your question if you feel one of these may be the reason.
Of course you are not required - but converting your question to a PAID one usually increases the reply rate as well.
Normal rates for FixYa are...
$ 9.99 answer for one question.
$12.99 Live Real-Time online chat or premium e-mail support.
$29.99 Live Real Time phone support
Sometimes FixYa will run specials for unlimited questions via monthly subscription or reduced rates for limited periods.
Consider the savings that can be had when an informed Expert can save you a $100 service call, or a $350 trip to the car dealership.
Your problem solved - guaranteed! Or your money back!!
If you don't want to pay - feel free to re-submit your question so it returns back to the top of the work queue if you still need help.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for helping with your FREE question
on Aug 15, 2010
Set oven kicks on then after a few seconds
I would say the baking heating element is bad and when replacing that I would also replace the Oven sensor "thermostat"...Before replacing anything make sure your timers are all off and not set to a start and stop time and try oven again to make sure its not just the timer was set .........
on Nov 20, 2009
Maytag oven shuts off?
Hi. This is a possible touch pad, or EOC(Electronic Oven Control Board) failure code. The test below will help isolate the issue.
This simple test will help determine whether the EOC (Electronic Oven Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the EOC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the EOC (Clock).
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
on Nov 20, 2009
When using oven F3 or F5 comes up on the digital
Replace the temperature sensor first. It may solve both problems. If not,the clock will have to be replaced too.
F3 or F4
Open or shorted
oven temperature sensor
and watchdog circuits disagree
assembly (also called the ERC)
on Nov 09, 2009
I cannot find the model number for my maytag oven
Unfortunately, there is no standardized location for the model # sticker.
Look in all for side corners of the oven door, then look on all four sides of the oven opening. Look on the inside of the oven for the name plate. Look under the stove top where the burners are and finally look behind the oven.
As a last resort you can look on your sales contract to see if you can contact the previous owner for advice.
on Oct 25, 2009
Not finding what you are looking for?