I guess you got the alarm AL 6
on your display what means failure to drain. A control procedure has been added to all the final drain phases in order to check the status of the pressure switch. The contact must be open in the "empty" position in order to ensure that the cycle is performed correctly. If the contact is closed, the drain phase is repeated. At the end of the second drain phase, if the pressure switch contact remains closed, "AL" alarm condition is generated.
Could be following:
- Domestic drain circuit not suitable (obstructed / blocked)
- Sump - pressure switch tube obstructed
- Filters / drain hose obstructed
Down under is from AEG Favorit 86460 user manual, page 30 :
...a flashing fault code appears
an audible signal informs you that an alarm has been activated, in the display appears one of the following flashing alarms: AL1 - AL2 - AL3 - AL4 - AL5 - AL6 - AL7, AL8 and the indicator light of the phase under way is flashing. They are indicative of a fault in the dishwasher that you can probably rectify yourself.
- press the On/Off push button to switch the dishwasher off
- open the door and carry out the following suggested corrective actions.