20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Black stripes down paper
You remove the drum/toner cartridge and run the blue tab on top back and forth several times then blow out the slot with canned air, while it's out you reach inside with a soft cloth and wipe the narrow window above where the drum sits, open the back door and shine a light inside to see if the lines are on the fuser roller, if there you will need a new fuser.
on Aug 23, 2019
Replace toner and drum warning still on after changing
- Open the front cover and leave it open while completing the following steps.
- Turn the printer off.
- Hold the 'go' button (or 'start' button) while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on.
- Release the 'go' button (or 'start' button).
- Press the 'go' button (or 'start' button) 2 times.
- Pause. All panel lights should be on.
- Press the 'go' button (or 'start' button) 5 times. The toner light should be off (the error may be flashing). The paper light should be on or flashing.
- Close cover. The ready light should be the only light on.
on Jun 06, 2019
if the Drum LED is still lit after replacing the drum unit, the Drum counter may not be reset.
Reset the Drum counter as follows:
- Open the front cover.
- Locate the control panel button under the LED lights on the left side.
- Press the control panel button until all lights are lit, then release it.
The Drum counter is now reset.
on May 06, 2019
Brother 5250DN Printer Toner light
The following worked on the 3 of our HL 5250DN printers that stopped printing for no apparent reason with both the status and toner lights on:
1: Turn off power and remove toner/drum
2: Tape the little spring loaded lever just inside the printer on the upper left hand side in the *DOWN* position! Do not replace drum yet and...
3: Turn power on to printer and let it cycle. Status/Toner lights will come on as usual.
4: Turn off printer, remove tape from lever, replace drum and turn back on.
After hours of working on one of the printers, virtually taking the entire thing apart and replacing fusers, toners and drums, I accidently stumbled onto this sequence. When I tried it on the other 2 printers, Voila! Took like 1 minute each. It must cause some kind of reset of the toner detection switch.
on Apr 08, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?