20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I have a sony vaio
First remove the battery and plug in your power adapter and see if the units operates correctly. If so then replace the smart battery. IF not then you may have a issue with the DC to DC converter inside the computer, at which time its time for service, also check sonys websites answer forum for more information on this problem.
on Nov 30, 2018
Follow this procedure to enable the special buttons or function keys on the computer or keyboard in the Microsoft® Windows® XP operating system.
- If software has been installed for use with a third-party keyboard or mouse, uninstall the software to ensure there are no conflicts.
- On AMD™ or Transmeta™ processor-based computers, the function keys are hardware controlled and not controlled by a hot-key utility.
- The volume button, brightness key, and disc eject button on some computers will not work if the HotKey Utility application is not running.
- The Magnify button and the Fn keys will not function properly before the operating system has finished starting.
- The setting may not be saved if the ESC key is used to close the Fn display. Press the ENTER key or allow the Fn display to close automatically to save the setting.
- Click the Start button, then click Run .
- In the Run window, next to Open , type MSCONFIG .
- Press the ENTER key.
- In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab.
- On the Startup tab, under Startup Item , ensure that there is a check in the HKserv checkbox.
NOTE: If HKserv is missing, reinstall the HotKey Utility application and the Sony Utilities Library.
- Click the OK button.
- In the System Configuration box, click the restart button.
on May 05, 2014
I need drivers package
Go to www.sony.com and go to support and then downloads. When you are there, provide the name and the model of your laptop so that you can find the appropriate drivers for your laptop. Its very easy to do. If you are not sure of what i am talking about, then just go on google and type download drivers for sony (Model of your laptop)
on Aug 23, 2013
i have sony vaio VPCEB46FG
It is required to install the hard disk SATA drivers in the computer first. Download and extract the SATA drivers in a floppy drive, hard drive or CD on a different computer. Then, retsrt the computer by having the Windows XP disc inserted and beging the setup. During the setup process press the F6 key and enter>enter and then install the SATA drivers. Then, continue with the further setup process.
Select Windows XP Operating System and install the SATA drivers. Once, the SATA drivers are successfully installed you can continue with the further setup process with out errors.
You can also view a complete set of instructions on downgrading to the Windows XP Operating System and installing the SATA drivers.
on Jan 28, 2013
Low video qulaity
Right click My Computer > Manage. Device Manager > Display Adapters. Do you have any Unknown Devices listed, with a ? Installing the drivers might identify and resolve.
Download and execute.
on Oct 08, 2012
Not finding what you are looking for?