20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
How can I set shuttle timing?
go google and type in ---singer sewing machine needle and hook timing procedure
yes it is a singer but the principle is the same for all makes of machines and the detail is good
If you like change the search from singer to brother and include the model number
on Jan 23, 2016
Singer Concerto 9217 - problem threading bobbin
thread the same way as for sewing. put empty bobbin case in bottom. close slide plate only to red button, not all the way. wrap thread from needle around bolt that holds on the presser foot (or just hold it tight). press pedal to sew. bobbin should wind. when done, shut slide plate all the way and sew.
if this doesn't work, try using a pin to push down the center of the bobbin when the slide plate is in winding position - the little catch on the bottom of the plate breaks easily and then the bobbin won't wind without a little help.
on Nov 08, 2015
My needle thread wrap around shuttle hook how do I repair this?
on my Brothers CS 8060
Upper thread looping around the shuttle is typically caused by improper threading through the upper tension disks and takeup lever. Check the instruction manual, carefully rethread the top of your machine and make sure the presser foot is in the down position. If the problem continues it may indicate an issue with tension disks. Remove the upper thread, fold a clean piece of fabric and with the presser foot raised to open the tension disks, place the fabric it in the thread path, through the upper tension disks. Lower the presser foot and draw the fabric back and forth to clean any build up of grime and wax from the disks. Lift the presser foot, remove the fabric, rethread and try again.
If the problem persists, you should not need any tools to remove the shuttle to inspect it - sometimes it is necessary to remove the needle plate to lift it out. Check the edges and underside of the plastic shuttle for marks caused by needle strikes - these can catch the thread causing the issue you describe. If there are marks, you may be able to polish them out with fine (600 grit or higher) wet and dry paper. I generally replace them. Also check the tip of the hook for marks - you can often feel these with your fingernail. If they are present, you may need to get a mechanic to polish them out.
on Jun 01, 2015
How 2 fix Brother's CS-8060 bobbin auto winder to work?
Replacing the bobbin winder rubber ring.
- The case halves are held together by 5 larger screws, one under the carry handle, obvious from the holes in the casing, plus one smaller screw up by the foot-raising lever.
- There is also the final screw, which is a devil to find. You have to remove the plastic tray to which the spool carrier is attached, up by the spool winder. You do not need to remover the spool winder stop but the small screw on the left, in the bottom of the tray-shape.
Next, WITH CARE , lever round the tray with a thin blade and use a small screwdriver to ease it out of the case; there are 2 bits that stick out more than the rest.
- Once this tray is out you can see a small bar with a screw. Remove this screw and the 2 halves of the case will separate.
TAKE CARE NOT TO DROP THE SCREW INTO THE WORKS!. A piece of sticky-tack on the end of the screwdriver helps here if the screwdriver is not magnetized.
- Now you can carefully ease the ribbon-strip cable from the circuit board and move the case round to be able to access the screws that hold the circuit board. You do not need to pull out the other cables; just take a tad of care as you work.
The bobbin winder mechanism is held in by 1 screw - take this out and you can then easily replace the rubber drive ring -(which you have providently ordered)
- Take the opportunity to clear out any fluff and dust while you have the cases apart. Put ONE drop of oil in the center of the bobbin carrier rotating mechanism and one drop on any moving joints.
- Replace the components/ ribbon cable in the reverse order, taking care not to drop the small screw! It is necessary to carefully line-up the hole into which it fits. It is surprising how easily the tray clips back into place, compared with the hassle you had getting it out.
I took both my CS 8080s apart last week to replace the drive rubbers. The first took nearly 1.5 hours, the next 1 hour as I knew what I was about.
on Feb 17, 2015
You receive the error message E6 when the motor locked up because thread is tangled or the machine is seizing up.
Remove the tangled thread, it it still happens that means your machine is seizing and requires service.
on Dec 16, 2014
Bobbin shuttle doesn't move
Look in your book.
- There is a bobbin (clear plastic) it rotates.
- The bobbin fits into the bobbin case (black), it does not rotate.
- The bobbin case is nested into the shuttle which does rotate.
There is no bobbin shuttle.
on Dec 04, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?