Questions & Answers
HOW DO I
there should be a place to adjust the "feed dogs" on your machine. They should be able to be raised or lowered to give you proper to get the pressure of the pressure foot where you want it.
89 views | 0 helpful votes
How do I set the blanket stitch on my machine?
If you have the owner's manual, it should show the blanket stitch among the stitch selections for your machine. FWIW, a lot of vintage machines do not have a blanket stitch available, so don't be disappointed if your machine does not have it.
79 views | 0 helpful votes
Thread balls up underneath
Try these suggestions
1. Change the needle--use a needle that's for the fabric being sewed
2. Rethread the machine--top --make sure to use every thread guide
3. try a different bobbin--make sure bobbin is inserted correctly into the bobbin case
& make sure the bobbin is turned the correct way in the bobbin case
4. make sure the thread has not come off the thread take up lever
5. Clean under the needle plate & in the bobbin area for lint or threads
6. Check to make sure the bobbin is not warped or damaged
7. Make sure the bobbin case is correctly in the machine,, if it's a top loading bobbin you may need to have the bobbin case checked to see if it's damaged or see if the hook and hook race has a problem
8. Also could be a timing problem, and the machine would need to be checked
113 views | 0 helpful votes
How to thread 4575
From the reel on top, thread goes to the left and over the back guide and then to the front, straight down through the tension disc make sure the presser foot is up so the discs are open,round the first guide and back up to the takeup lever making sure thge lever is at the top, through the takeup lever right to left, straight down towards the needle taking in any cotton guides on the way and thread the needle front to back
100 views | 0 helpful votes
How to thread the machine
From the spool pin take the thread to the left and over the top cotton guide, bring the thread towards you and straight down in between the tension discs, make sure the presser foot is up so the discs are open, straight down towards the needle and round the first big cotton guide, straight back up to the take up lever making sure the take up lever is at the top, right to left through the eye of the take up lever, straight down to the needle going through any guides on the way, thread the needle front to back
52 views | 0 helpful votes
When I begin sewing with the necchi 4575, the thread pops out of the takeup arm.
I've had that happen, here's 2 solutions,
1. put some tape over the **** in the take up lever--just make sure the
tape doesn't touch the thread.
2. very gently use some pliers and close the gap in the take up lever you might want to cover the take up lever with some cloth while your
using the pliers to not scratch the take up lever
I use to have a necci 4575, I did the first method for a while then did
the second suggestion. worked for me just fine.
they are good machines, it was a work horse.
193 views | 1 helpful votes
My machine will not advance on it's own what do I need to do to fix it??
it sounds like the feeddogs are in the down position, look at the
area where the needle plate is and see if you can see the feeddogs?
you can even run your finger over that area and you should be able
to feel the teeth. if you can feel the teeth or see them, then check
the feed dog lever to see if it's in the up postion.
the feed dog control lever should be in close to the bobbin area,
the question is under the necchi 4575 catagory, so that's the
information I'm putting in for the machine, if the lever is up then it's
possible that something is wrong with the lever or the feed dogs
them selves and they need to be checked at a sewing machine
95 views | 1 helpful votes
How to thread a necchi 931
Found this on another page http://www.fixya.com/support/t2568348-necchi_4757_need_know_way_needle- with many thanks to Paul Howell.I've modified it slightly for the 931
...Thread the machine from the spool, left to the guide on top/rear, over the top towards the front, around the tensioner down through the large channeled guide below it and up (picking up the thin wire guide on its way) around the take-up lever from right to left, down through the semi-hidden guide, through the needle clamp guide and thread the needle through the front to the back.
306 views | 1 helpful votes
Not finding what you are looking for?