I need your help
Yes this is correct, when you plug the microwave into the wall socket, the microwave will work and heat food up. When you unplug it from the wall a safety device cuts in and the microwave goes into passive mode and appears to be dead. This is to protect you from *****. If you take the cover off, beware though as there are two things inside just waiting to kill you. One is the Capacitor which stores about 5,000 volts. The second is the core of the magnetron (the microwave emitter) which contains Berylium, which is a highly poisonous metallic element.
As a moderator here, I have edited out your phone number. This site gets 7 million questions a year and many more million views. At least some of those crazy people are going to want to phone you at 3:00am for a little chat, or there will be scammers phoning you to tell you how they can fix your microwave over the phone for $100.
GE JVM1650 1000...
on Aug 27, 2017