20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
How to replace light bulb?
Unplug the oven. Remove the screws holding the top/side cover, then remove the cover. You may have to pull the cover about a 1/4"-1/2" back before you can lift it off.
You may find the lamp socket immediately on the top or the side of the oven cavity, or it may have a sheet metal cover over it (look at the place corresponding to where the light shines into the oven). Use a standard appliance light bulb of the same wattage. You could try an LED replacement of the same lumen rating, but I won't guarantee how long it will last - that depends on how warm it gets up there (LEDs hate heat).
on Oct 22, 2014
Blwn fuse always with spart.
If there is spark please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is leaking and sparking to the ground. As you have mentioned it was stored, it is quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Now keeping clear switch on , use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is heating without any issues , you can use the microwave safely
on Jan 06, 2011
Please can you provide me
If you were to log on to the
manufacturer's web site, I think you will be pleasantly surprised as
usually one is able to download, by model number, Customer
Instruction Manuals, list
for spare parts and service and
Just Google the manufacturer's name and
follow the links. Make certain you are directed to the manufacturer's
web site as some search engines direct you to other sites and they
charge for the information that is normally free of charge.
I hope this helps.
on Dec 23, 2010
Sharp Carousel Model#4A58: was cooking & made
If you have no power what so ever its probably the main fuse inside the mirowave. You'll have to take it apart. If you try this yourself unplug it then there are several screws around the cabinet of microwave remove them and make sure that they go back where you took them out from because they may or maynot be the same size or length. once you get the cabint off follow the plug wire up into the micro wave there may or may not be a fuse on the wire just inside the frame of the Microwave but it will be close when you find it take it out and replace with the exact size take it to a appliance parts store and get the replacement.
on Sep 13, 2009
In the middle of cooking frozen dinner, instant death..
We have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
If the fuse blows a few seconds after you hit START, then it's likely that you have an overheating / shorting high-voltage transformer.
Try this: Let the oven set unplugged for about an hour to cool completely. Then cook for a minute at the lowest power level.
If it runs any longer than it has been, it's probably the high voltage transformer, which is no longer available, but will run about $95 if you can find new old stock.
If the fuse blows as soon as you hit START, then it's likely that you have a shorted high-voltage capacitor (#RC-QZA211WRE0) which runs about $25.
You can order parts for Sharp models from Tritronics at http://www.wehaveparts.com.
on Dec 17, 2008
Not finding what you are looking for?