Question about 2006 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom
Motorcycle is running rough and backfires when riding. bike wet up for about a month without being rode and the gas was left on. gas tank was low on gas. put fuel treaatment in it and got no better.what do you reccommend.
Hi, Mgoddard713 and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Faulty main circuit breaker and or connections.
4. Faulty ignition coil and or connections.
5. Faulty spark plug, oil or gas fouled, wrong heat range or service type, wrong gap, loose in the cylinder head, broken electrode or insulator.
6. Faulty spark plug cables, leaking or broken, internal damage check for spark leakage in the dark.
7. Faulty ignition module, switch, CKP, MAP, CMP, sensor and or any connector in the ignition circuit could have corroded, loose, or broken pins/sockets
8. Burnt exhaust valve or air leak in the exhaust system.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
New problem on old bike 02 Star 1100 Custom popping and backfires when at...
Yamaha XVS1100 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA XVS1100 Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on May 26, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Save our bonneville
sounds like the throttle cables need to be looked over .( he get everything back to where it was before the lubing?)as one may be out of sync with the other. the oil change has NOTHING to do with the sputtering and surging ,stall .it would only apply if the clutch was slipping and that would make the bike rev with the car oil.
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
You did not say whether or not this was a carburater engine but from the sound of it one of your jets may be sticking, a good cleaning of the jets will most likely fix the problem, the likely cause is a small build up or piece of debris on the jet.
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
Sounds like you are not getting fire to that cylinder,check plug wire,plug,and the cap on the end of the plug wire.
If all is well with those,just let me know and we can go to the next possible cause.
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
SOURCE: carb problems
if & when you do get it running again, does the bike have a petcock at the gas tank? if it does, when the bike is running before you are about to park it for 2 weeks, turn the petcock off and let the bike die on its own (from fuel starvation). this will ensure there is (almost) no gas in the carb to cause any gumming. you can drain the little bit that is left with the carb bowl drain screw. then when you're ready to ride again, simply turn the petcock on, wait a few seconds for the carb bowl to fill, then hit the start button.
Posted on Jan 25, 2009
SOURCE: running rough and backfires
Yes tht could be the carburator since the dirt / fine rust tht settles at the bottom of the tank has found its way in to the carb.
Clean the carbs. and replace the in-line filter.
Water in gas could also be it, since water floats and you had reached the gas to reserve the water may have found its way to the carbs and thus the rough running and back firing .
Posted on May 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 16, 2015 | Motorcycles
Nov 26, 2013 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Jun 27, 2012 | 2006 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom
Oct 16, 2011 | 2004 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom
Dec 31, 2017 | 2003 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom
Mar 19, 2011 | 1992 Suzuki GSF 400 Bandit
Mar 17, 2011 | 2006 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom
Jan 30, 2011 | 1993 Ducati Monster 900
May 20, 2010 | Motorcycles
May 02, 2010 | 1981 Suzuki Gs 550 L
421 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: