Question about Piaggio Motorcycles
My Piaggio mp3 400 will turn on electrically, but will not crank up @
Hi, Daniel before testing any electrical component in the Starting Circuit it is "IMPERATIVE" that you have a fully charged battery of 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage, the battery is faulty and must be replaced. AGM type batteries fall into this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries. The following is a list of usual suspects that will cause your bike not to turn over.
1. Ignition Switch is in the "OFF" position.
2. Ignition Switch is faulty.
3. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
4. Engine Run Switch is "FAULTY" or corroded.
5. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
6. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
7. FOB battery low or dead.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Faulty starter button.
10. Faulty kickstand, clutch, neutral safety switch.
11. Security alarm needs a reset.
12. Starter relay, solenoid, starter motor or circuit wiring faulty.
13. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
14. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
15. Faulty ignition relay.
16. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
17. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Posted on Feb 13, 2020
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 13, 2018 | 2010 Piaggio MP3 Three Wheeler 250
Jul 14, 2018 | 2005 Piaggio X9 Evolution 250
Jan 26, 2018 | 2009 Piaggio MP3 Three Wheeler 250
Dec 10, 2017 | 2008 Piaggio Fly 125
Nov 07, 2017 | 2009 Piaggio Fly 50
May 01, 2017 | Piaggio Motorcycles
Oct 29, 2017 | 2008 Piaggio Fly 150
May 22, 2017 | 2005 Piaggio Zip 50
May 29, 2017 | Piaggio Motorcycles
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!