Question about 1993 Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder
I have a 1993 suzuki 1400 intruder. Have had problems with it cold starting. engine will turn, can smell the fuel, but it wont fire regularly. sometimes it will fire just as I release the starter. If i hook it to another battery, i.e. jump start it, it fires immediately. Battery is new on the bike, and fuel pump regulator is also new. Last time it was in the shop, my mechanic said that the voltages were lower than they should be.but could not determine where it was losing voltage.
Hi, Dj you need a new mechanic or tell the old one to perform a "VOLTAGE DROP TEST" and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
What to do When Your Motorcycle Won Start
Suzuki Intruder VS1400 Service Manual
OEM parts for Suzuki
Suzuki VS1400 Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on May 30, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
2001 Intruder electric starter does nothing. All other electrical is fine... The lights are on, horn works, all lights; but starter doesn't respond.
Posted on May 11, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 25, 2017 | 1993 Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder
Apr 14, 2014 | 1993 Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder
Apr 04, 2014 | 1993 Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder
Apr 17, 2013 | 2000 Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder
Apr 28, 2011 | 1993 Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder
Jan 22, 2011 | 1993 Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder
Dec 09, 2010 | 1996 Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder
Oct 26, 2010 | 1996 Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder
Jul 20, 2009 | 1993 Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder
509 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: