Question about Suzuki Grand Vitara
First you need to remove the glove box, because the cabin filter housing is located behind it.
Open your glove box, at the top front there will be 3 or 4 screws, just back them out, then lift the lid most of the way and back out the bottom screws.
Once the glove box is out of your way, you will see the cabin filter housing. The access door is held in with 4 screws, just back them out and remove the access panel then you will see your cabin filter.
Reverse the procedure to install the new one.
Posted on Jul 28, 2012
Usually the cabin air filter is located under the dash, under the glove compartment.
Posted on May 03, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: cabin filter element location
Filter is located behind the glove box. All you need is a screwdriver to replace.
1. Open the glove box and empty to take the weight off the box.
2. On the right side there is a plastic hinge like device held on by one Phillips head screw. If you have trouble removing with a Phillips screwdriver you can remove with a narrow flat head screwdriver. Remove the screw and slide hinge off the mount.
3. To drop the glove box press the sides slightly inwards while 'forcing' it open beyond it's normal stopping point. Careful as when it releases it will fall wide open and may even fall from its hinged area. Set it aside.
4. Behind the glove box there is probably some fiberous material inserted to prevent noise like squeaking when it rubs. It is sticky on one side to hold it in place. Just remove and place out of the way.
5. Behind the fiberous material there'll be a cover which kinda looks like a grille. Mine was white and it is in the center of the opening. Remove it by releasing the clips at the left or right. It comes right out.
6. When the cover comes off slide the filter out and replace it. The filter lays flat and just slides in and out easily. However, if it has been some time since you replaced be prepared for a lot of debris on top of the filter such as leaves, grass or other general type of debris that has been sucked into the filter. It also may be the source of any bad odors that you smell through the air conditioning system.
7. Reverse the process. Replace the cover and push the glove box lid back into place. When you replace the glove box be careful to make sure the hinge you initiallly removed the screw from is not left behind the glove box or you will have to remove again to get it out. Replace the screw and do not over tighten as it screws into plastic and then your done.
Posted on May 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 01, 2014 | 2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Jun 07, 2014 | 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Jun 02, 2014 | 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Nov 09, 2013 | 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Nov 19, 2010 | 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Jul 01, 2010 | 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Oct 19, 2009 | 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD
1,015 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: