Question about 2003 Hummer H1
Hold 5 and forward sip and power on
Posted on Jun 29, 2019
About the theftlock RDS radio system.
* The theft deterrent system now utilizes class 2 serial data to determine if the radio is in the authorized vehicle.
* Each time the radio receives accessory power from the ignition, it compares the VIN information it has stored to the VIN information received from a module on the class 2 serial data circuit responsible for transmitting that information.
* If a match does not occur, the radio display will indicate "locked".
* Once this occurs the radio will not respond to operations and become inoperative.
The following conditions will enable radio lock:
* A radio is installed from another vehicle.
* A module which communicates on the class 2 serial data circuit which supplies VIN information to the radio is replaced and not properly setup with the correct VIN information for that vehicle.
To unlock radio you will need access to a GM scan tool. Hope helps (remember to rate this).
Posted on Oct 20, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 28, 2012 | 2003 Ford Focus
Aug 20, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Jun 15, 2009 | 2003 Ford Focus
Mar 29, 2009 | 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2WD
Jan 03, 2009 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT
769 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: