Question about Nissan Cars & Trucks
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Car won't start
Hi, does the alarm shut off when you unlock the passenger door?
If it does not I will give you a test that you can do.
1. disconnect the harness anti-theft control module. (loctaion depend were you live USA next to fuse panel Canadian models above the glove box.) Check the continuity between Light Green/Black wire and Black wire of the anti-theft control module.
2. Continuity should not be there with the door lock in, lock or neutral position. With the door lock in-between lock and neutral position (any door) continuity should be present.
3. If continuity is as specified replace the anti-theft control module. If continuity is not as specified, check operation of the door lock switches.I will add that test at bottom.
4. If the door lock switches are ok check the continuity og LIGHT/BLACK wires between anti-theft control module and door lock switches. Check Continuity of BLACK wire between door lock switches and ground. Continuity should be present if Continuity is not present repair harness or connectors.
5. If Continuity is present, check continuity LIGHT GREEN and BLACK wire of anti-theft control module. Continuity should not be present with trunk lock in lock or neutral position. With trunk lock in-between lock and neutral position, Continuity should be present.
6. If Continuity is as specified replace anti-theft control module. If Continuity is not as specified, check operation of truck lock switches. If necessary replace trunk lock switch.
7. If trunk lock switch is ok, check Continuity og LIGHT GREEN wire between anti-theft control module and trunk lock switch. Check Continuity of BLACK wire between trunk lock switch and ground. Continuity should be present. If Continuity is not present repair harness or connectors.
DOOR LOCK SWITCHES
Disconnect 4-pin door lock switch connect (left and right front doors) With door lock in neutral, full lock or full unlock position, there should be no continuity between any terminal and BLACK wire terminal. Continuity should exist between LIGHT GREEN?WHITE wire and BLACK wire terminals with door lock in-between neutral and full lock position. Continuity should exist between LIGHT GREEN/BLACK wire and BLACK wire terminals with door lock in-between neutral and full unlock positions. If continuity is not as described, replaced door lock switch.
Hope this help its a place to start. let me know if you need anything else.
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
Im no professional but i did recently buy a 93 maxima and i have the same security alarm problem and my powered locks dont work at all. im taking off the door panel today to take a look and see if the alarm sensor is loose or damaged, if it is, ill probably just disconnect it. one thing i have noticed though is that when i hit the lock or unlock button, i hear a faint click from the dashboard area which im assuming is the solenoid on a transistor which would mean that the buttons work but the transistor isnt delivering power. Semi-Solution for Locks: Listen for very quiet click when you lock/unlock doors, if you hear it, uve got major work to do, if you dont, then take apart the door and check the switch connections. Semi-Solution for Alarm: take off the door panel and disconnect the sensor.
Posted on Sep 13, 2009
If your car has an alarm with a separate remote, it is a separate system and it is probably self-arming. When you lock the doors with the key central lock, the alarm gets armed by the RAV4 being OFF and the door locking action. When you unlock the doors with the key, the alarm is still armed because the key is not comunicating with the alarm just the cars factory keyless system.
Posted on Apr 10, 2010
Insert the key into the door lock on the driver side and move it to the unlock position two times quickly. That should turn off the alarm.
Posted on Dec 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 23, 2014 | 2000 Nissan Maxima
Nov 06, 2011 | 2001 Nissan Maxima
Dec 08, 2010 | 1995 Nissan Maxima
Mar 05, 2010 | 2000 Nissan Maxima
Jun 28, 2009 | 2001 Nissan Maxima
Feb 22, 2009 | 1997 Nissan Pathfinder
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: