Question about 2000 Volvo S40
1 Make sure all doors are closed, as well as the hood. Make sure the tailgate or trunk is locked. Get into the car and lock all doors.
2 Insert the key and turn it from the insertion position (position I) to the "on" position (position II - not the "start" position) five times. In other words, all the dash lights come on, but the engine doesn't start. When you turn the key to ON the fifth time, leave it there. You have 10 seconds to perform this whole step.
3 Hold down each remote button for a second or two, so the car identifies those buttons as the ones to respond to. If you want multiple remotes to work for that car, you'll need to hit the buttons on each of them in rapid succession (all within 5 seconds) as well. You can program up to three remotes per car.
4 Get new batteries if the above doesn't work, and try it again. If you already have new batteries in the remote, then proceed to the next step.
5 Press and hold down the odometer reset button.
6 Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
7 Release the odometer button while the service reminder light (SRL) flashes. Don't wait until the flashing stops to release the odometer button. If you did that, you waited too long.
8 Turn the ignition off.
Posted on Jan 14, 2019
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The swich that you press when you want to change the gear mode("p" to "d" ) remain jam very coomon for an s40 spary silicone spary on it to remove dirt from there
Posted on Dec 10, 2008
Seperate key fobs only can be programmed in the following way.
Turn ignition on/off 8 x times (allow all functions to stabilise) after the 9th on - press a button on both remote fobs. then turn ign. off. use good remote to lock and then try new remote to unlock/lock. sometimes it works first time - sometimes you have to repeat actions. good luck.
Posted on Apr 07, 2009
SOURCE: reprogram key fob
Here is a quick HowTo on programming your own keyless entry:
1) Turn ignition to OFF.
2) Locate the Data Link Connector, its a black 16 pin connecter that is under the driver's side dash, right where your right knee would be. You have to look up into the dash from below to see it.
3) Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector by taking a wire or paper clip and running it from pin 1 to pin 4. Pin 4 is ground so you can just short pin 1 to 4 and it will be grounded. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are ready to reprogram it.
4) Close all of your doors.
5) Turn the key to ACC then back off. The power door locks will lock/unlock. This is the signal that the system is ready for reprogramming.
6) Push a button on your key fob, doesn't matter which button.
7) If you have 2 key fobs, then press a button on the 2nd fob within 1 minute of pressing a button on the 1st fob. Both must be programmed at the same time. If you only have 1 fob then press a button 2 more times to signal that you only have one.
8) The doors will lock/unlock to signal the codes were received.
9) Remove the jumper wire from the data connector. 10) your done
Posted on May 15, 2009
get in your truck close all the doors put your key in the ignition push and hold your unlock button on the door panel turn the key on then off then on then off release the onlock button at this time the lock should cycle lock then unlock by them self if they did push and hold your lock and the unlock buttons on your remote at the same time for 15 seconds the lock should cycle agian and you are programmed
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 31, 2018 | Volvo Cars & Trucks
Jun 09, 2016 | Volvo Cars & Trucks
Feb 21, 2015 | 2008 Volvo S40
Feb 01, 2013 | 2000 Volvo S40
Sep 10, 2012 | Volvo S40 Cars & Trucks
Feb 01, 2018 | 2009 Volvo S40
When the battery was disconnected the computer lost it memory and it has to be programed with a Volvo Scan tool. There are other computer relearn procedures for vehicle or system operation. These may include:
Initial control unit programing
Traction control yaw sensor initializing
Anti-theft system or engine immobilizer system passwords
Volvo still won
Jan 07, 2011 | 2000 Volvo S40
Dec 20, 2017 | 2000 Volvo S40
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: