Question about 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
HAS TWO KNOCK SENSORS they are both under intake in valley of engine. remove intake and will see two black grommets they are under those best to replace both at same time
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
Hello! Here is a picture of the location of the front knock sensor for a 3.8 liter V6 3800 Series II (97-03)
(Please note that the engine is upside down on the stand)
There are 2 knock sensors on this engine, one on the front (as shown), and another in the rear. There isn't one on the driver's side, per se.
I recommend that you let the vehicle cool down before beginning this process. To remove this you will need a drip pan, as coolant will leak from the engine when the sensor is removed. You will need a deep well 22mm socket and torque wrench.
1. Jack up and support the vehicle on jack stands so that you can work from underneath the vehicle. Be sure to apply your emergency brake.
2. Identify the knock sensor location and remove the electrical connector on the bottom.
3. Using the deep well socket, remove the sensor from the block. Do not position yourself direcly underneath this, as coolant will begin to flow immediately from the sensor's location.
4. Your new knock sensor should come pre-coated with sealant/threadlock, just install it and tighten by hand until snug.
5. Torque the sensor to 14 ft lbs.
6. Replace the electrical connector.
7. You should flush the entire coolant system to be sure to remove any air pockets, and then refill.
Hope this helps and thanks for using FixYa!
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
The mass air flow sensor is a round sensor that is mounted in the air intake, between the air cleaner box and the engine throttle body.
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 14, 2016 | 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix
Jul 26, 2011 | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
Jun 17, 2011 | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
Oct 01, 2009 | 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
Aug 19, 2009 | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
Jul 10, 2018 | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
Feb 17, 2018 | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
400 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!