Question about 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Posted by Anonymous on
Doesn't have one ! The electronic brake control module turns it on an off when there is a problem ! Your light on ? DTC'S - diagnostic trouble codes stored .
The IPC illuminates the traction off indicator when the following occurs:
• The electronic brake control module (EBCM) inhibits the traction control system. The IPC receives a class 2 message from the EBCM requesting illumination. The traction control system is disabled when the following occurs:
- For Chevrolet only, the shift lever is in FIRST (1) or SECOND (2) gear. The EBCM receives a class 2 message from the powertrain control module (PCM) indicating the gear position.
- For Pontiac and Oldsmobile only, the body control module (BCM) detects that the traction control switch is pressed (signal circuit is low). The EBCM receives a class 2 message from the BCM indicating the switch status.
- The BCM detects that the park brake is engaged (signal circuit is low) and that the engine is on. The EBCM receives a class 2 message from the BCM indicating the park brake status.
- The PCM detects certain malfunctions and is unable to perform torque reduction requests from the EBCM. The EBCM receives a class 2 message from the PCM indicating that traction control cannot be performed.
• The EBCM detects a malfunction in the traction control system. The IPC receives class 2 messages from the EBCM requesting illumination of both the service vehicle soon and traction off indicators.
• The IPC performs the displays test at the start of each ignition cycle. The indicator illuminates for approximately 3 seconds.
Posted on May 19, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | 2001 Buick LeSabre
Mar 26, 2015 | 1991 Chevrolet Cavalier
Nov 03, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Oct 16, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Feb 14, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier
Nov 20, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Aug 29, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier
Apr 13, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
Jan 04, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
370 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: