Question about 2001 Dodge Caravan
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1, Disconnect the able from negative terminal of the battery.
2. Pry the courtesy light from the door trim and disconnect the wire connector..
3. Remove all door trim panel retaining screws and door pull armrest assemblies.
4. Remove the door switch panel and the control switch panel and the control switch assembly.
5. On models with memory seats/mirrors, use small-flat bladed pry tool to remove and disconnect the wire.
6. Grasp the trim panel lift up and pull out to detach it from the door. Disconnect the inner door handle lock rod from the handle. Unplug any electrical connectors remaining and remove the door panel.
7. To install, connect the wire harness connectors and place the panel in position in the door. Press the trim panel down into place until the hooks are seated.
8. Install the armrest/door pulls, the courtesy light and the window switch'
9. Reconnect the battery
Also. You will need star pattern drivers to remove the window and motor from your door. If you have all the equipment it should only take you 1 hour.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
In responding to rbenjami, I am not proposing the same solution for all who claim to have a similar problem because I don't believe that that is the case. When the gauges flicker periodically it may be a case of a bad body computer, which is a big deal and may be covered by warranty beyond the normal 3 yr./36k miles. For those with issues related to use of seat warmers, that is not uncommon and should lead to discontinued use.
Posted on Jan 25, 2009
SOURCE: 1996 dodge grand caravan
my manual says, 1 close doors, 2 place key in ignition & turn key between off and on position for a total of 4 times ending in the off position (do not start engine), 3 press driver side door lock button to lock doors, 4 you will hear chime when programming is completed
Posted on Apr 18, 2009
sorry not sure the 12v prob will help this swtich works on 5v off 3v unlock 1v lock single wire lock/unlock logic signals
I found wiring diagrams at
it is 2004 but use the wiring diagrams to test the wires
(most likely to fail where they flex)
because it is using logic gates disconnect the plug at each end of the wire you are testing or the damn thing will find a few diffrent ways to trick you.
Posted on Apr 21, 2009
i have replaced many sliding door lock actuators on these vehicles..dealer part..mostly on passenger side sliding door..also possible you have a broken wire in door track harness..follow wiring from door into what looks like a plastic chain in door track at door opening
Posted on May 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 23, 2015 | 2001 Dodge Caravan
Sep 07, 2014 | 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jul 06, 2017 | 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan
Aug 12, 2013 | 2001 Dodge Stratus
Mar 26, 2013 | 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan
Dec 21, 2017 | 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan
Dec 09, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Caravan
Jun 24, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Jan 15, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Jan 06, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan
103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!