Question about 2001 Nissan Maxima
The car will start to run hot and i noticed when i was putting antifreeze in it it was leaking out by the driver side front tire.. thought it was the water pump that was bad but was told water pump is on the passenger side of the motor.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Car won't start
Hi, does the alarm shut off when you unlock the passenger door?
If it does not I will give you a test that you can do.
1. disconnect the harness anti-theft control module. (loctaion depend were you live USA next to fuse panel Canadian models above the glove box.) Check the continuity between Light Green/Black wire and Black wire of the anti-theft control module.
2. Continuity should not be there with the door lock in, lock or neutral position. With the door lock in-between lock and neutral position (any door) continuity should be present.
3. If continuity is as specified replace the anti-theft control module. If continuity is not as specified, check operation of the door lock switches.I will add that test at bottom.
4. If the door lock switches are ok check the continuity og LIGHT/BLACK wires between anti-theft control module and door lock switches. Check Continuity of BLACK wire between door lock switches and ground. Continuity should be present if Continuity is not present repair harness or connectors.
5. If Continuity is present, check continuity LIGHT GREEN and BLACK wire of anti-theft control module. Continuity should not be present with trunk lock in lock or neutral position. With trunk lock in-between lock and neutral position, Continuity should be present.
6. If Continuity is as specified replace anti-theft control module. If Continuity is not as specified, check operation of truck lock switches. If necessary replace trunk lock switch.
7. If trunk lock switch is ok, check Continuity og LIGHT GREEN wire between anti-theft control module and trunk lock switch. Check Continuity of BLACK wire between trunk lock switch and ground. Continuity should be present. If Continuity is not present repair harness or connectors.
DOOR LOCK SWITCHES
Disconnect 4-pin door lock switch connect (left and right front doors) With door lock in neutral, full lock or full unlock position, there should be no continuity between any terminal and BLACK wire terminal. Continuity should exist between LIGHT GREEN?WHITE wire and BLACK wire terminals with door lock in-between neutral and full lock position. Continuity should exist between LIGHT GREEN/BLACK wire and BLACK wire terminals with door lock in-between neutral and full unlock positions. If continuity is not as described, replaced door lock switch.
Hope this help its a place to start. let me know if you need anything else.
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
a lot depends on the location of the water leak. If you have checked all the hoses, clamps, radiator and cap. There isn't a lot left.
The water pump is on the front of the engine under the timing belt shroud. This would also be a good time to replace the drive belts, timing belt, any soft hoses and anything else that's iffy.
public library...Chilton or Haynes auto repair manuals or collisionrepairadvice.com
Posted on Apr 03, 2009
SOURCE: water leak inside the car
Whats causing this is that the drain hose for the evaporator is clogged and overflowing into the car. what has to be done is get under the car and find the drain hose, which is going to be on the passengers side of the car by the firewall, and get either compressed air and blow into the hose to try to free the blockage
Posted on May 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 29, 2016 | 1997 Nissan Maxima
Aug 13, 2014 | 1989 Nissan Maxima
Jan 01, 2018 | 2001 Chrysler LHS
Mar 09, 2011 | 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck 2WD
Feb 06, 2011 | 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora
Jul 02, 2010 | 2001 Nissan Maxima
May 26, 2009 | 1995 Nissan Maxima
Apr 23, 2009 | 2000 Nissan Maxima
Mar 17, 2009 | 2001 Nissan Maxima
269 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: