Question about 1991 Jaguar XJ6
Gas gauge does not work. fuse problem? what fuse?
To test the gauges, in the arm rest console (middle of car between driver and passenger) there is a fuse box. if you have the lid with the info remove the "Instrument Panel" fuse. open switch to On where normally the dash lights up. insert fuse back in. if no change could be the gauge thats bad or could be in the fuel tank the floater that sends the info to the dash what the fuel level is at.
Posted on Nov 27, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The fuse for cigarette lighters is number 9 = F9 (20A).
The fuse box / relay plate (fascia 1) is located inside the car under rear left seat 1 for Right Hand Drive (RHD) cars.
The fuse box (fascia 1) layout is:
1. F1 (10A) = Rear fog lamps
2. F2 (10A) = Heated mirrors, panel lamps rheostat
3. F3 (20A) = RH seat motors
4. F4 (20A) = LH seat motors
5. F5 (10A) = Instruments
6. F6 (5A) = Seat control modules, low power door switches, mirror motors
7. F7 (30A) = ABS pump
8. F8 (10A) = LH indicators / repeater lamps
9. F9 (20A) = Cigarette lighters
10. F10 (5A) = Cruise control
11. F11 (20A) = LH A/C blower motor
12. F12 (5A) = Instruments
13. F13 (15A) = Steering column adjustment
14. F14 (10A) = Automatic Transmission (AT) ignition supply
15. F15 (30A) = LH electric windows
16. F16 (5A) = ABS ignition supply
17. F17 (10A) = Electrochromic mirror, reverse lamps
18. F18 (10A) = A/C supply
Please rate my response. Thanks!
Posted on May 22, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2012 | 2001 Jaguar XJ8
Jul 30, 2012 | 1991 Nissan Sentra 2 Door
May 22, 2010 | 1998 Jaguar Xj Series
Mar 18, 2009 | 1991 Mercedes-Benz 560
Dec 21, 2008 | 1997 Pontiac Grand Am
520 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: