Question about 1992 Dodge Ram 250
Steps for removing speedometer from 1992 dodge ram 250 king cab turbo cummings diesel.
I don't know if it's the same as my D150. But it's pretty simple:
1) remove about six screws from under the upper lip of the dash face bessal and one under the overhand above the radio.
2) carefully jimmy the bessal straight out. It has about four spring trim-clips that will release under pressure.
3) this exposes the speedometer instrument cluster. It is one big assembly (speedometer, fuel, temp and elctrical guages, etc) attahed with about six #2 phillips face screws. Remove these.
4) There are three back contections on the cluster: two electronic and one mechanical. Carefully start to pull the cluster out along the steering column until you see the shift indicator control line ( a small fishing-line with a hook on the end) attached to a small steel flang on the base of the steering column. This can be unhooked with your fingers or needle-nose pliers.
5) as you pull the cluster further out you can reach behind and unplug the two electronic connections. The round one simply pulls straight out. The last (rectangular) one has a pinch latch you need to compress to allow the plug to come out.
Posted on Mar 11, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 30, 2012 | 1992 Dodge Ram 250
May 09, 2012 | 1992 Dodge Ram 250
Jan 22, 2011 | 1992 Dodge Ram 250
Fig. Fig. 12: Always install a new O-ring in the diesel water pump
Dec 24, 2010 | 2004 Dodge Ram 2500
Jun 26, 2010 | 1992 Dodge Ram 250
Apr 30, 2010 | 1992 Dodge Ram 250
May 30, 2009 | 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab Laramie
Apr 06, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Truck
Dec 18, 2008 | 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4WD
Nov 13, 2008 | 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab
485 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: