20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
HOW DO I PROGRAM A REMOTE CONTROL FOR A 1998 TOYOTA CELICA SRX
I found that the 97-99 ST204 Celica uses the same Alpine alarm used by the BMW E23 so I tried the instructions for that and it worked, so if anybody else needs this info here it is
My remote is P/N 08191-00900
1. Close all doors, trunk, and hood.
2. The security system must be in "disarm" mode. The key must be removed from the ignition key slot.
Enter Code-Learning Mode
3. Open the trunk and leave it open.
4. Open the driver's door and sit in the driver's seat.
5. Close the driver's door.
6. Cycle the ignition switch five times between the "off" position and position 2 (ignition "ON", all dash warning lamps will illuminate). The red status LED will illuminate continuously, and the siren will "chirp" once, to indicate that the code-learning mode has been initiated.
DO NOT START THE ENGINE
The ignition switch cycling in step #6 must be performed within ten seconds.
The sequence in steps #1-6 must be performed within 45 seconds.
Registering/Delete ID Code(s)
7. Open driver's door, (remain seated in driver's seat)
8. Close driver's door.
Edit: an extra step is required here for the Celica- cycle the ignition key once more from off to ignition on then back to off
9. Press and release any button on the remote you wish to register into the system. The status LED will shut off momentarily to indicate that one ID code has been registered.
10. Repeat steps 7 through 9 to register the remaining three ID codes.
Exiting Code-Learning Mode
11. Open driver's door, and exit from vehicle, leaving the door opened.
12. Close trunk.
13. Close driver's door. The LED will turn off and the siren will "chirp" twice.
14. The initialization procedure is now completed, test all remotes to confirm operation
on Oct 16, 2019
97 gmc Safari Van
With the carpet removed,hose down the windshield,side doors and rear doors.have someone inside to watch for water.If the windshield is leaking it may take some time to get to the rear.My van did the same and it was the front windshield.
on Jun 18, 2017
New battery, suddenly dead
Make sure the alternator is producing the rated amperage. One or two blown diodes inside the alternator will reduce its output. Test for a draw. You do this by taking off a battery cable and using a multimeter set to measure current connect it to the battery cable and then to the battery post. Now start removing one fuse at a time while observing the current draw until it stops. Whatever circuit that the fuse controlled is the problem.
on Jun 17, 2017
How do i replace a windshield wiper motor on a 99 celica
i tell you a quick solution everybody think its easy to change wiper and yes it is when you change them as often as me every day people come to where i work and i install them no charge you have to lift the little locking clip on the wiper and you got rust with that sometime you simply hit the wiper and the clip break the easyess way .pierre
on Mar 21, 2017
Auto trans will not shift into drive
did you forget the 50k mile service? full flush and filter.???
ooops......... zero service equals LOW LIFE> EVERY TIME./
check levels per operator guide, (hint dont guess)
fails hot and cold engine?
fails all gears, 1,2,L, Drive? and Reverse?
on Feb 02, 2014
Auto trans shifts into reverce but not drive
or or cold engine? or both./
did you check the TCM brain for scan codes
this year, is either the jumper and bulb flash trick
or use any real OBD2 (USA?)_ scan tool to see all scan DTC codes
P07xx car trans.
alldata.com covers this, why not log in and look.
1: check all fuse
2: check trans levels using oper. guide method , hint dont guess.
3: run scanner, (or flash code checks on TCM)
4: do the 50k mile full fush and filter change now, if not too late.
lots more, tell more get more.
on Feb 02, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?