2004 Ford Focus | Answered on Nov 15, 2019
2004 Ford Focus | Answered on Jul 06, 2019
A. Removing the Door Panel
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable before starting work
2. Roll the windows to approximately 1/2 open, and so the crank handle is in the Down
Position. With either the Crank Spring Removal Tool, or a flat Screwdriver, remove
the spring, located in a slot on the back of the crank.
3. Remove the cover plate for the remote-control mirror, which is held in place by 3
spring clips. Remove by gently pulling the front corner of the cover out, and then slide
the cover back.
4. Remove the door Pull-handle cover, by inserting a screwdriver into the access hole on
the bottom of the handle, and using the screwdriver as a lever, pop off the handle cover.
5. Remove the button covering a retaining screw in the interior door latch backing plate.
6. Remove the 8 Torx™ retaining screws around the perimeter of the door panel, and the
single Torx™ retaining screw in the interior door latch.
7. Remove the 2 hex bolts in the door handle.
8. Gently lift the panel upwards, to disengage the window weather-strip molding.
9. Remove the Door Latch Trim Panel, be sure to unplug the Power Lock Switch, and
remember how the wire was run.
10. Remove the interior door latch, by gently pulling out on the front corner, which is held
in by a plastic compression spring.
11. Remove the Foam Arm Rest bolster, by unclipping the 4 plastic compression clips and
the clip fasteners..
12. Remove the 4 Door Speaker screws, and disconnect the speaker.
13. Gently remove the closed cell Foam Cover from the doorframe, by pulling out, while
cutting the rubber cement around the cover. Remove all but the front edge of the cover.
This cover tears very easily, so use extreme care. The switch is located on the door latch inside the door, it just "twists" in and out. See picture below of the door ajar switch.
2004 Ford Focus | Answered on Jun 05, 2019
2004 Ford Focus | Answered on May 19, 2019
2004 Ford Focus | Answered on Feb 08, 2019
2004 Ford Focus | Answered on Jul 13, 2018
2004 Ford Focus | Answered on Apr 22, 2018
2004 Ford Focus | Answered on Mar 06, 2018
2004 Ford Focus | Answered on Feb 27, 2018
2004 Ford Focus | Answered on Dec 18, 2017
2004 Ford Focus | Answered on Nov 21, 2017
2004 Ford Focus | Answered on Nov 04, 2017
2004 Ford Focus | Answered on Sep 20, 2017
1,387 questions posted
Usually answered in minutes!