Sanyo Xacti - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Sanyo xacti e6
TRY TO DO THIS FEW STEPS & INSTRUCTION;
- If your camera is still under warranty, the best thing you can do
is to take it to the nearest official repair shop and they should fix
it for free.
- If your camera is out of warranty, or if the manufacturer refuses
to repair it for free (happens sometimes if for example they suspect
the camera has not been treated properly) you can try the following
methods to repair it yourself.
- First, make sure your camera has fresh batteries and it is in recording mode.
- Remove the batteries from the camera, wait for a couple of minutes, then put them back in and turn the camera on.
- Try compressed air. With a fine tip blow off gun and dry compressed
air (20 lbs) set the tip between the lens turret and the camera body
and turn on the air while moving the tip around the lens. It should
remove all dust and sand. Turn the camera on and it should function
- Another method is to tap the padded USB cover part on a hard surface, for example, a desk. Sounds simple, but it works.
- Try forcing the camera lens. Turn off the camera. Place it on the
back with the lens facing up and take a look at the spacing between the
lens and the lens housing. If you notice that the gap is not even all
the way around the lens, the problem should be easy to fix. This type
of a problem usually occurs if the camera was dropped while the lens
was extended. Simply - VERY GENTLY - press down the lens on the side
where the gap is the biggest. You should hear a "click" as it pops back
into place. Try powering the camera back on.
- If the lens doesn't extend at all or it extends, and then retracts
again, do the following. Turn the camera off. Take the camera in one
hand and with the other gently take one part of the lens and gently
move it round in a circular movement. Do so with both sections of the
lens. You will hear a "click" as it pops back in place. Power the
- Another version of this fix would be to pull and twist on the
largest ring of the lens while turning the camera on. Listen for a
"click". If at first the focus seems to be off, turn the camera on and
off and take lots of pictures, close ups and distance. Focus should
slowly start improving.
Sanyo Xacti E6...
on Dec 05, 2016
Whenever I tried to make s shot it says "protected
There are several possible causes for "memory card locked/protected", "memory card error", or "no memory card". Some include trying to use of a 4GB SDHC card with an older camera made before SDHC format came out. Others include problems with the tiny slide switch on the side of the card, or the electrical contact switch internal to the camera. The problem may also arise from simple formatting problems if the card has never been formatted in the camera (note that this will also erase the card). Troubleshooting tips for this problem may be found at this link
on Mar 26, 2016
Not finding what you are looking for?