Treadmill shuts off in middle of workout
A treadmill will shut down from to much friction which is due to high motor current because the walkbelt and deck are not properly lubricated. I would recommend replacing the motor controller,walkbelt,deck and applying .5 oz of lubricant on the deck every 3-6 months or 100 hours of use. This will extend your treadmill's life many years.
on Jul 17, 2015
Belt has moved to the left
Adjusting Tension on a Treadmill Running Belt
It is necessary to properly tension atreadmill belt
when it is replaced. After time, a belt can stretch and may begin to slip. When this happens, it is necessary to adjust the tension of the running belt to stop it from slipping. Manufacturers of treadmills generally agree on one of three procedures forhow to tension a treadmill running belt
How to Tension Treadmill Walking Belt that Slips
- Adjust for no slippage of thetreadmill walking belton the front roller (Often referred to as the "Stomp Test")
- This procedure works well for a previously installed belt that is now slipping.
- Underside of belt should be free of any glazing/wax buildup.
- Rollers must also be free of wax buildup.
- Be sure belt tracking/centering is correct before proceeding.
- The most popular speed for this adjustment is 2mph to 3mph.
- Try to slow the belt by applying pressure with your foot against the belt movement while grasping the handrails. If the running belt slow, slips or stops (and the front roller does not) adjust BOTH adjustment bolts 1/4 turn clockwise. Test again and repeat adjustment if necessary.
- This procedure requires twobelt gauges or calipers
- This procedure works well when installing a new belt.
- This procedure requires you to stretch the belt. Depending on the manufacturer*, this varies between .4 and .6 percent. A dial on the gauge or caliper will indicate the amount of stretch. *Consult the owner/service manual for proper tension.
- If you are working on a previously tensioned belt you will need to release the tension before attaching the gauges or calipers.
- Gauges or Calipers unavailable
- Release the tension on the belt.
- Using a yard stick or tape measure, place two marks on the left and right edges of the belt and deck 36 inches apart (or 50 inches if you prefer).
- Adjust the left and right tensioning bolts until both sides measure 36 3/16 inches (or 50 1/4). This is equal to .5% of stretch.
- Test for proper tracking and tension, adjust if necessary.
on Jun 05, 2015
Panel will not light up.new battery did not help
On C846 version 1 units, set the on/off switch in the "on" position. It will be necessary to start pedaling for the bicycle to "power up".
For any other units, we recommend checking for any loose, crimped, or visually bad wires.
Make sure the speed sensor on your bike is working.
You can run a quick test by using a magnet to swipe in front of the sensor to see if it is sending signal to your console.
For any further troubleshooting please do no hesitate to call our Tech Support Team 888-713-2880
Or check us out online
on Jun 03, 2015
How to replace a Treadmill Precor 9.31 belt
Replacing a Treadmill Running Belt and Deck
Following is a basic guideline of removing and replacing the running belt
on a treadmill. Due to different brands and designs of treadmills, the following should only be used as a guideline. If any of the information is not exact to the treadmill being serviced, refer to the service manual or call Sportsmith for further help.
Tools Needed: Phillips Screwdriver, Set of Allen Wrenches, Set of Box End or Open Face Wrenches (Tools needed may vary depending on treadmill. )
How to Replace Treadmill Running Belt and Deck
- Switch the Power off on the unit.
- Next, unplug the unit from the wall.
- Remove the finger guard retaining screws and carefully remove the finger guards from the deck at each end of the rear roller.
- Loosen each rear roller bolt by 10 full turns. Then count the remaining turns necessary to remove the rear roller bolts. Remember to write down the number of turns needed to remove the bolts in each side for future reference.
- Carefully remove the rear roller from the unit. Clean any wax or debris buildup from the roller and place it aside.
- Raise the shroud and secure it with a bungee cord.
- Work the drive belt off the motor pulley by hand turning the flywheel while pushing the belt aside.
- Now remove the front roller retaining bolts.
- Carefully remove the front roller from the unit. Clean off any wax or debris buildup and set it aside.
- Loosen and remove the deck mounting hardware.
- Move the deck toward the left side of the frame to free the deck from the right side. The deck will move down once the frame has been cleared.
- Remove the deck and belt by raising the right side edge of the deck over the frame rail and sliding it to the right to remove.
- When installing a new belt or deck it is important to note that a new belt and deck surface should always be installed together. Failure to adhere to this guideline will severely shorten the life of the newly installed parts. Some decks can be used on both sides. However, be sure that each side is only used once. Be sure to install the belt in the proper direction on the unit.
- Install the belt and deck by first putting the belt on the deck, and then installing them from the right side as a unit.
- Be sure the deck is lined up with the frame and push the deck to the left side.
- Now carefully lower the right side of the deck to insert it into the frame rail and then push the deck to the right as far as possible.
- Re-install deck mounting hardware. (Check with mfr. for proper torque during install process.)
- Carefully place the front roller on the deck under the belt and push it forward into place, while placing the drive belt on the inside of the drive pulley.
- Replace the front roller bolts. (Check with mfr. for proper torque during install process.)
- Now spin the roller by hand while pushing the drive belt onto the pulley. Be sure to spin the roller several times to insure complete installation of the drive belt on the pulley.
- Install the rear roller into unit. Carefully start each bolt and turn one to two threads to ensure no cross-threading has occurred.
- Tighten each rear roller bolt the number of turns you kept earlier for reference.
- Now, Plug in and power on the unit.
- Carefully remove the bungee cord from the shroud and lower it back into place.
- Start the unit at a very slow speed and check for proper belt alignment. Remember to start at the slowest speed possible and be ready to stop the unit quickly if needed.
- If the belt is moving to right side of unit tighten the right roller bolt, If the belt is moving to the left side of the unit tighten the left roller bolt until the belt is tracking properly.
- Caution: make very small adjustments such as 1/4 turns and then watch the belt for several moments before making another adjustment.
- Once the belt is tracking properly walk on the unit at a slow speed and check for belt slippage on foot fall. If this is happening tighten each of the rear roller bolts equal turns until the slippage is no longer occurring. Caution: make very small adjustments such as ¼ turns and then watch the belt for several moments before making another adjustment.
- Now use the unit at a jogging speed to check for belt travel or slippage.
- If slippage still occurs make small equal adjustments (1/4 turns) to both sides of rear roller and re-test.
- Install the finger guards once you have enough clearance from the rear roller.
- Some manufacturers require wax or lube during the install process, please consult your owner's or service manual for further information regarding this.
- This concludes our instructions of how to install a replacement treadmill belt and deck.
on May 28, 2015
Precor 9.33 smells
A few questions?
- How old is your treadbelt?
- Has the deck/belt been replaced?
- If belt/deck was replaced, check controller and drive motor
on May 09, 2015
Percor treadmil error codes
Precor Error 05, Key Depressed at Power Up
1. A key is permanently depressed on the display.
2. An interface chip (IC) has failed in the upper PCA's keypad.
3. Liquid (cleaning solution or sweat) may be on the surface of a touch sensitive display.
- Disconnect the keypad cable from the upper PCA. Reset power to the machine. If the Error 05 is eliminated, the keypad is the cause and should be replaced.
- Disconnect the keypad cable from the upper PCA. Reset power to the machine. If the Error 05 still appears, the upper PCA* is the cause and should be replaced. *Upper PCA's most commonly do not come with software. Remove the software (chip) from the existing upper PCA prior to replacement and install into the new upper PCA.
- Wipe away all liquid from the touch sensitive display. Reset power to the unit. If the Error 05 is eliminated, the liquid was the cause.
on May 01, 2015
Codigo de error
List of Error Codes for Precor Fitness Equipment
Error Code List for Precor Fitness Equipment
- Precor has standardized their error code messages across all their equipment so that each error will have the same meaning regardless of what model or equipment type the message appears
- Here we list each error so that you can click through the specific error for additional details about the cause and action to correct the error
- E2, Lift Error
- E4, Incomplete Initialization
- ERR, EEPROM Problem
- Error 00, Memory, RAM, EEPROM Test Error
- Error 01, Memory, RAM, EEPROM Test Error
- Error 02, Memory, RAM, EEPROM Test Error
- Error 03, Memory, RAM, EEPROM Test Error
- Error 04, Memory, RAM, EEPROM Test Error
- Error 05, Key Depressed at Power Up
- Error 09, Lower PCA Memory Test Error
- Error 10, Line Frequency out of Acceptable Range
- Error 11, Watchdog (Upper PCA)
- Error 12, Watchdog (Lower PCA)
- Error 13, Fan at Incorrect Speed
- Error 14, Fan Fail
- Error 15, AC Input Voltage Too High
- Error 16, AC Input Voltage Too Low
- Error 20, Too Many Maximum Power Request in 1 Second
- Error 21, Too Many Maximum Consecutive Power Requests
- Error 22, No Motor Pulses at Start Up
- Error 23, Motor Pulses Missing after Start Up
- Error 24, Reduce Speed Requested, Speed is not Reducing
- Error 25, Motor Pulse Count over Acceptable Limit
- Error 26, Motor Pulse Width Incorrect
- Error 27, Too Much Drive Motor Current
- Error 28, Temperature Too High
- Error 29, Excessive AC Input Current
- Error 30, 31, 32 and 33, Communications Error
- Error 37, E-Stop Not Working
- Error 40, No Lift Motion Detected
- Error 41, Lift has not Responded in Acceptable Time
- Error 42, Lift Position Value Out of Range
- Error 43, Zero Switch not Found
- Error 44, Un-commanded Lift Motion
- Error 45, Lift Moving in Wrong Direction
- Error 46, Low Battery Voltage (AMT12 Only)
- Error 50, Too Much Brake (Magnet) Current
- Error 53, Can't Read Target, Can't Find Home Switch
- Error 54, Target Pulses Lost During Operation
- Error 55, Brake Home Switch Activated Unexpectedly
- Error 60 or "Temporarily Out of Order", Auto Stop Not Working (TRM Treadmills)
- Error 61 or "Temporarily Out of Order, Auto Stop Not Present" (TRM Treadmills)
- Error 62, Vertical Sensor Failure (AMT12 Only)
- Error LS, Speed Sensor Signal Missing
- Error 70, LPCA Not Read
- Error 71, Blank LPCA
- Error 72, AMT LPCA Version Unknown
- Error 73, AMT LPCA Record Bad
- Error 74, Refurbished Head
- Error 75, Refurbished Head
- Error 76, AMT Head Stride Count Less than the LPCA
- Error 77, AMT UPCA Stride Count Greater than the LPCA
- Error 78, AMT Belt Replacement Warning
- Error 79, AMT Belt Replacement Required
on Apr 02, 2015
My cross trainer is saying error 30 whats wrong with it
Precor Error 30, 31, 32 and 33, Communications Error
1. Bad interconnect cable between upper PCA and lower PCA.
2. Interconnect cable is mistakenly plugged into the CSAFE connector at the upper PCA.
3. Elliptical 5.17 equipped with old software version 1.01 in upper and lower PCA.
4. Upper and lower PCAs have mismatched software.
5. Another component plugged onto the PCA is overloading the +5VDC power supply.
6. Bad lower PCA.
7. Bad upper PCA.
Precor Error Code 30 31 32 33
- Test unit with a know good interconnect cable or test the interconnect cable for continuity. Replace interconnect cable if necessary.
- Disconnect the interconnect cable from the CSAFE connector and attach to the proper position on the upper PCA.3.
- Replace the upper and lower software of the 5.17 elliptical with the most current versions.4.
- If one of the PCAs is found to have software version 1.01, replace it with the most current software version.
- Disconnect all components from the upper and lower PCA leaving the data cable connecting between the upper and lower PCAs and the AC power going to the lower PCA. If the unit shows any error other than the error 3x, reconnect components one at a time. Reset power between each newly connected component until the error 3x reappears. Whichever component was last connected when the error 3x reappears, is the cause for the error. Replace the faulty component.
- Test unit with a known good lower PCA. Replace the lower PCA if necessary.
- Test unit with a known good upper PCA. Replace the upper PCA if necessary.
on Mar 30, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?