When push quick start button, why does it display Erro 30 and doesn't run?
Hi There....This is a great message for ALL PRECOR 956/966 owners. This failure usually relates to a "communications" error between the upper and lower electronics. This particular failure is a direct result of a failed IFT drive module, or the lower drive "box" that is made by Advanced Drive Technology. The brains of this lower controller has failed and cannot "talk" to the upper board anymore due to several failed parts inside this box. You are lucky to have this failure arise over a fatal blow-out. Now replacements thru Precor or a distributor will be $550+ and are usually low stock items at places, but you can get repairs and exchanges of this Precor IFT drive by emailing gregATbuyfitnessrepairpartsDOTcom for much less than all other vendors. Currently these IFT drives are 380 exchange and 199 repair and turnaround is one day. Good Luck!
on Feb 11, 2016
How do I solve Error 42?
Precor Error Code 42
Error Code: 42
Model: All Models
Error 42, Lift Position Value Out of Range. Error 42 is displayed when the lift position reported by the lift position potentiometer is found to be outside its set limits.
If an Error 42 has occurred, it is important to know the physical position of the lift when the error occurred. It is possible the lift is physically out of range or jammed. In this case, the Error 42 is a secondary symptom and the issue should be approached as an Error 40.
Bad or intermittent connection in the lift motor controller.
- The lift motor requires calibration.
- The lift motor potentiometer is bad.
- The lower PCA to upper PCA cable is bad.
- The lower PCA is bad.
- The upper PCA is bad.
Lift Position Value Out of Range Precor Error 42
- Intermittent connections can be difficult to locate. If the Error 42 condition is intermittent, a connection issue is probably the cause. This is definitely true if the Error 42 occurred while the lift was within its normal physical range. Inspect the lift potentiometer connector and repair connection if necessary. If the intermittent connection cannot be found or corrected, replace the lift motor. A lift calibration number of 0 or 255 indicates an open or shorted potentiometer connection. This means the problem could be anywhere between the lift motor and the upper PCA. Typically it can be identified and tracked using an ohmmeter.
- Using the appropriate service manual for the unit being tested, refer to the lift calibration procedure. If the information in the service manual doesn't match the lift position/physical lift position of the unit, recalibrate the lift motor. [Something caused the lift motor to be out of calibration. Investigate for cause and correct. Simply recalibrating the lift motor will not solve the problem.]
- If the lift calibration number is not 0 or 255 and does not change when the lift motor turns, replace the lift motor.
- Check continuity of the interconnect cable or swap with a known good interconnect cable to verify if cable is bad.
- Swap the lower PCA with a known good lower PCA to verify if the lower PCA is bad.
- Swap the upper PCA with a know good upper PCA to verify if the upper PCA is bad.
Precor EFX 5.17i...
on Jan 03, 2016
Can I adjust the stride length?
www.amazon.com > ... > Elliptical Trainers
Rating: 4.3 - 9 reviews
Working out on an elliptical can burn as many calories as working out on a treadmill. ...allowing you to go forward and backward, as well as adjust stride length to target ...The Precor EFX 546 allows you to stride smoothly while holding the ...
With the unique Precor CrossRamp® technology, users can alter the path of the EFX®546i between 13 and 40 degrees in both forward and reverse stride motions, cross ...Excellent stability and freedom of movement for users of all sizes.
on Dec 28, 2015
Did you try contacting the manufacturer? The resistors are color coded and no problem to replace but the zener diode is another matter. Take it down to a repair shop and perhaps they can identify it from the markings and/or size.
on Nov 24, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?