My 2008 hummer h3 got C0136 Base brake system pressure circuit error on DTC and displays waning Traction off, Service stab sys. Whats the exact problem and any part to be replaced?
DTC C0136: Base Brake System Pressure Circuit
The electronic brake control module (EBCM) monitors an internal input from the master cylinder pressure sensor to enhance antilock brake system (ABS) braking and vehicle stability if equipped.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
• When vehicle speed is more than 7 km/h (4 mph), the master cylinder pressure does not change for 30 seconds with the brake applied.
• When vehicle speed is more than 10 km/h (6 mph), the master cylinder pressure signal is erratic.
• Master cylinder pressure signal is out of range.
• Master cylinder pressure is high for 5 seconds with the stop lamp switch signal OFF.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
• The EBCM disables traction control system (TCS) and vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES) for the duration of the ignition cycle.
• A DIC message and/or a warning indicator may be displayed.
The master cylinder pressure sensor is located internally in the Master Cylinder and is not serviceable.
Important: It is recommend that the defective components be replaced, and not the complete brake master cylinder assembly.
Verify that DTCs C0131, P0719, P0724 are not set.
? If any of the DTCs are set, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle.
Replace the EBCM.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification after completing the diagnostic procedure.
Control Module References for EBCM and BPMV replacement, setup, and programming
Your best bet , take it to a qualified repair shop.
2008 Hummer H3
4 hours ago