Olympus Audio Players & Recorders - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Audio converter for dss audio files
You can convert DSS file into wav format with DSS Player 2000 or the latest version. it can only convert it into wav format. after convert into wav format then u can use any other converter to change it into any other audio format. u can use total video converter or Sonic record now multilanguage software.....
best of luck.....
on Sep 29, 2019
I need the serial number for Olympus "DSS player software".
I just bought a used DM-40, and formatted my device before reading that I lost the voice guide files. I tried the above links and s/n for installing DSSplayer 7 but no joy. Does anyone have the files who would be willing to email them to me, and tell me which folder to place them in? Or provide a working s/n for a v7 installation? Thanks, Mike
on Sep 13, 2019
Can i recover lost dictation?
Possible? YES, Easy? Not always.First things first
: DO NOT take any more dictations with the recorder that you want to recover files from in case you may quite possibly ruin your chances of voice memo file recovery.
Then connect your recorder to a PC with a recovery program installed. Photo Recovery Software
(also recover Voice memos
, audio and video files) is right what you need to use if you are running Windows. If you are Mac OS X users, turn to Data Recovery for Mac
But you should remember - the more you use your recorder, the less likely you may be able to recover the deleted files back! So STOP using the device ASAP. Hope my answer is helpful to you. Best regards!
on May 13, 2019
My digital voice recorder got wet. How can I
OK - I hear you and I tell you - don't panic. I have had a lot of this type of electronics come back.
PLEASE - remove the battery - shake the unit for any extra water coming out - set the unit with battery opening facing down - to let any water drain - let it set for 24 hours. If you replace the battery and it works end of problem - but I would remove the battery anyway after you get your information off and let it set an additional 24 hours.
I promise you - I have done this many times and once it took 4 -5 days - BUT the unit CAME BACK - THIS WORKS
Best of it
on Apr 10, 2019
How do I Change from default language back to English?
To reset the settings back to English:
1. Set the DM-20 to Voice mode using the blue switch on the back voice recorder.
2. Remove the DM-20 from Hold using the gray switch on the back of the voice recorder.
3. Press and hold the DISPLAY/MENU button on the front of the DM-20 for at least 3 seconds. The menu list is displayed.
4. Click the REWIND button six times to highlight the Format menu item.
5. Click the PLAY button to select the Format menu item. A message will be displayed with Cancel and Start options.
6. Click the REWIND button once to highlight Start.
7. Click the PLAY to select Start. A message stating that the data will be cleared will display briefly. Then a message asking if you are sure will be displayed.
8. Click the REWIND button once to highlight the Start menu item to continue with the format.
9. Click the PLAY select the Start menu item and begin the format. The format progress bar will appear. When it is complete the menu items will be in the English language.
on Mar 14, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?