Microsoft Video Game Consoles & Games - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Unreadable FIFA 2008 dISC
sounds like your dvd drive is having issues. try to do a online update. that may fix the non reading disc issue. as for it damaging that cd and only that cd i would just buy a new dvd drive. most of the time when a cd comes out damaged its due to a belt spindle. which is the part that spins your disc, but your saying its only doing it to 1 game. try a update if that dont work purchase a new dvd drive. make sure u get the correct one
on Aug 27, 2019
Cannot play MKV movies on playstation3
x360 and ps3 problems aren't really all that different if you're trying to come up with something. I would have to say that you should get yourself a rip like Nero 8 and convert it to data file. I think it's the best stuff out there and you'll be able to watch any movies you want. Check it out.
on Aug 20, 2019
My xbox 360 wont show a picture but it has sound
My Sons Xbox had sound but a blank screen. at first i thought it was the video leads.. Borrowed a set from his friend but still the same.. blank screen but sound. I thought about the towel trick but was wary.. so instead i went to a comp repair shop. He suggested the towel trick... he said it may or not work. So being out of warranty with nothing to lose , i gave it a go.
Remove your hard drive and video leads leave just the power lead attached. Wrap your xbox in three towels and switch it on for about 20mins (which i did). Switch it off (it may already have switched itself off ! leave it to cool for about 15 mins and then plug everything back in . I was amazed to find my sons xbox up and running agian. Hope it works for you !! It did for me and i still can't belive it!
on Aug 14, 2019
Error E 74
the towel trick is def only temp. i called xbox and they want 100$ to fix it. I am going to either threaten to call bbb ( better business burough) of actually file a report if they won't do anything about their faulty hardware. I think that everyone else should do the same.
on Aug 14, 2019
2 red lights on the ring of light
2 red lights mean its getting overheated i noticed this was happening 2 mine whilst i was playing halo 3 so every 30 - 40 mins i saved and quited and placed a fan infront of the back pannel for about 5 - 10 mins this cooled it down and could be played for longer without thret of over heating
p.s saveing and quiting can be frustrating every 30 mins so do it after that level 30 mins through. :)
on Aug 14, 2019
Xbox 360 will not read games or dvd's
Wow, so many replies!
The open tray issue is normally linked to the laser itself. You do NOT have to replace the entire drive, as doing so may cause you further problems.
If your 360 is under warranty, send it in to be replaced.
If not, then there are things to try!
Open the console (using the various online tutorials) and remove the DVD-ROM drive. Open the drive and you'll have access to the laser. Get a Q-tip (cotton bud) and moisten one end with some boiled water. Rub gently over the lens of the laser, then use the other end to dry. Try the game again.
If the above doesn't work, purchase another drive assembly, matching what you already have. You could just buy the laser, but there's no point if it's something other than the laser (and you get one with a new drive). If you have a Hitachi drive, make sure you buy a Hitachi. The same with a Toshiba-Samsung. Keep the same drive type. New drives can be purchased from Ebay. For Toshiba Samsung's, either the MS25 or MS28 will be fine as the insides are exact. Hitachi's are likewise: any version will do.
Here's the good part: you don't need to mess with the firmware on your drive, since the problem is mechanical. Carefully remove the DVD logic board from your faulty drive (the circuit board inside the DVD-ROM itself) and get a Sharpie/Marker and tick it/sign it/etc. Something which you can distinguish one from the other. The boards will look the same and you don't want to mix them up!.
Set your board to one side and get your replacement drive. Open it up too and remove the board in the same way. Now put your board in this new drive, carefully replacing the cables (there are guides online for this too). Close the drive and try it.
Because you're keeping the PCB from your drive, your DVD key will match still and you won't have any configuration problems!
on Aug 14, 2019
The disc's region is incorrect. what is mean by
Region codes is a built-in feature of the DVD system designed to
control where discs are viewed and distributed. All DVD hardware and
software is coded using one of six numbers ( DVDs Regions 0 , 7 and 8
are special cases - see below ). The U.S. and Canada use Region 1.
Region 2 discs are used in the U.K. , Europe and Japan . While
Australia and the Caribbean use Region 4. These codes determine where
the discs can be played.
Your console must match the discs region code.
This is not the case so you wont be able to play with this game.
Hope it helped.
on Jul 16, 2019
Nba live 09 freezing up
ya i happens to me also..i figured that
It seems like something with EA sports games make them highly
vulnerable to freezing. It does that with FIFA, NHL, and Madden as well
from what I hear (already froze on me once on FIFA). It could be that
these games are too demanding in information processing and too graphic
intensive, or whatever, but it's probably not the system. For example,
I've played many games for over 40 hours now, sometimes playing
hours on at a time, and it hasn't froze or glitched on me even once...
on Jun 18, 2019
I want the cheatcode of rise of nation pc game
Here is the complete cheat list copied from ign.com
Press ENTER during gameplay, then enter one of the cheats listed below to activate it:
- 1000 more resources: cheat resource all+1000
- Adjust damage: cheat damage (name or no entry)(+ or -)(number)
- AI state: cheat ai (on, off or debug)
- Alliance with nation: cheat ally (nation name)
- Change explore: cheat explore (normal, explored, all)
- Defeat nation: cheat defeat (nation name)
- Deploy units: cheat deploy
- Drop nuke at pointer: cheat nuke
- Drop Wild Bird at pointer: cheat bird
- Encounter with nation: cheat meet (nation name)
- Finish building or next item: cheat finish
- Kill all selected objects: cheat die
- Make all players human: cheat sandbox
- Pack units: cheat pack
- Peace with nation: cheat peace (nation name)
- Put building at pointer: cheat insert (number)(type)(who=RED)(x,y)
- Put unit or building at pointer: cheat add (number)(type)(who=RED)(x,y)
- Put machine guns around human capitals: cheat safe
- Set difficulty: cheat diff (0-5)
- Show achievements: cheat achieve
- Show/change commerce level for nation: cheat commerce (number)(nation name)
- Show/change library tech levels for nation: cheat library (number)(nation name)
- Show/change military level for nation: cheat military (number)(nation name)
- Show/change nation age: cheat age (number)(nation name)
- Show/change resource: cheat resource (name)(goodtype or all)(+ or -)(number)
- Show/change science level for nation: cheat science (number)(nation name)
- Show/change technology: cheat tech (name)(tech or all)(on or off)
- Show combat ranges: cheat ranges (0 or 1)
- Show full map: cheat reveal (on or off)
- Toggle computer control off: cheat human (name)
- Toggle computer control on: cheat computer (name)
- Toggle pause: cheat pause (0 or 1)
- Turn encounter off with nation: cheat unmeet (nation name)
- Victory for nation: cheat victory (nation name)
- War with nation: cheat war (nation name)
on Jun 13, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?