Roku 1 setup
There are several factors that will affect or can cause problems in connecting your Roku to your Router.
If you're getting an error message on Roku like 014, 011, make sure to indicate it in your response. Normally, if you're getting 014 message, you can follow these steps:
. A simple power cycle resolves most of the issues. To perform a power cycle, please follow the instructions below:
1. Unplug the power cables from the modem, router and the Roku player.
2. Connect the power cable to the modem (after a minute). Once all the lights on the modem are lit, plug in
the power cable to the router and then to the Roku player.
3. Go to "Settings" and redo the complete Roku setup.
If the issue continues to occur, please try the channel 1 or 3. Should it persist, you may reset the Roku
player. Here is how:
On the back or bottom of the Roku unit, you should find a recessed little hole.
- Use a pin or paperclip to press and hold the button for 30 seconds (please ensure that the power light
blinks while you are holding it down).
The Roku device will reset to default and be ready for setup again.
If the problem continues, please reflash the software via the secret screen:
1. Press the "Home" button for 5 times.
2. Press the "Forward" button for 3 times.
3. Press the "Rewind" button twice.
4. Choose Update Software and the Roku player will then restart.
You can comment your serial number or the error message that you're getting. If your getting 011, just power cycle your entire network. Also, please make sure that you're not connecting the Roku to a Guest network. The speed of your connection matters as well. It should be atleast 1.5mbps.
on Sep 18, 2019