Jura Capresso Impressa - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Open tap - filling system - close tap
Try using warm water in the watertank, important that the water is not too hot, it can cause leakage in the o-rings in the fluidsytem.
Repeat the procedure a few times, if nothing helps, turn off the machine and wait 1 hour and try again.
If you can`t get around this message, then the flowmeter needs to be changed.
on Apr 10, 2019
"Fill System/Press Steam"
Remove the tray at the front of the machine.
Look inside and you will see a rubber flap which separates the right and left side of the machine.
Gently lift this to the right and look inside to the left (a small mirror like from a womans compact and a flashlight will help you see in there.) You will find a small circular screen (about the size of a half dollar.)
You need to wipe ALL the coffee grinds off of this screen. That should fix the problem.
If you use dark beans, you are probably grinding them to fine and some of the oily residue is sticking to this screen. Try grinding the dark beans more coarsely. Only change the grinder WHEN IT IS GRINDING by adjusting the litlle knob in the box where you place the beans.
If the problem started just after changing the filter you may have air in the water line and it needs to be flushed. Try running the tea portion hot water until it clears.
These suggestions were given to me by Capresso and actually worked for my machine.
on Jan 17, 2019
Jura beans won't grind
I just called Jura support and they talked me through this SIMPLE solution and it worked right away. Change the grind setting *while the grinder is a spinning*. If you don’t do it while its spinning nothing will happen.
Don’t hesitate to call Jura - their support team is very good.
800 220 5701
on Nov 10, 2018
EMPTY GROUNDS warning will not reset
The solution was referenced in one of the earlier postings but I wanted to clarify in case people are misunderstanding. The two metal contacts at the back of the machine insert into the wall of the machine and tell the coffee maker that the tray is inserted. Sometimes the big, flat, readily visible portion of these contacts get dirty and I think people are focusing on this portion of the contacts. However, the metal contacts also bend down into the tray where they can detect water (basically if there is enough water or material to conduct between the two contacts then the machine tells you to empty the try). This is the portion where you need to focus on cleaning, down in the tray, between the narrow plastic valley at the back of the tray. It will require Q-tips or something to really push down into the tray to clean away from the contacts. I did not have water in the tray but had enough moist old coffee grounds that it was causing the issue. I cleaned this area with water, a toothbrush and Q-tips and ensured it was very clean and dry. I have not seen the issue again in months (my coffee maker is three years old, gets used daily and we keep it relatively clean, but this is the first time we've gotten this error).
on Oct 23, 2018
Impressa z5 grounds empty will not reset even
If the machine says TRAY MISSING it's the contacts at the back so clean as other people have stated, you can also use a cardboard nail file to clean the contacts at the back if there really skanky!.
If the machine keeps saying EMPTY GROUNDS even though you have, pull out the tray, look just inside the aparture where the tray goes top right at the front there is a small slot where if you look closely you can see a small white micro switch. This will be probably gunged up with coffee and the switch will be stuck up, get a can of WD40 and squirt a small amount up into the switch then poke the switch with a small screwdriver up and down until it moves smoothly.
Then replace all the bits, sit down, look smug and have a coffee cos you've fixed it!! :0)
on Apr 12, 2018
I have a s7 Jura capresso expresso machine. It
First, I'm not JURA technician. But I have worked on similar table top "Super Automatics" You should call your vendor or the MFR for service. Especially if it's still under warranty. There are no customer serviceable parts in this machine.
*** the following is for information only ***
- Water not getting to machine or not sensing that the water tank is already filled.
* There usually some type of float near to middle of the water tank. It's usually white or colored plastic. This 'float' needs to move freely up-down to 'sense' the filled tank. clean the tank and shake it -note the movement of this float. It will need further cleaning if it's stuck (or you will have to replace tank if it's crudded up).
* Re-install tank and fill with filtered water. Turn machine off, count to 15 then turn on again. This usually turns on pump to add water to inner tank. If this does not happen then there is a CPU problem. If it does hums for 5-10 seconds then goes off but no heating then the pump may have an air bubble in line. Try the turn off and on method several times (up to 5) to get the water flowing. If it's still not working then there is a clog in the pump and will need service and/or replacement.
* Since this is a table top machine in which you fill the water tank. Try to use filtered (bottled ok) water. Do Not use Distilled or 100% pure water as this type of water will eat out the metals from your machine! Some places use a water softener as it tends to be better for the machine long term (years).
* Still got problems? Check with vendor or MFR for service or replacement. Most machines of this type do not have serviceable parts or adjustments.
PS: I've noted this tank also uses a water filter (which is probably dry after sitting around for a year as you mentioned.) you will probably have to flush out the air in the filter prior to this unit's pump to work properly. I found a youtube vid that may help:
on Feb 13, 2018
Jura Impressa F50 - tray - fault 8
Hi, if you havn't already solved this one, it has been caused by pulling the drip tray/ dump box out while the brew unit was still active. Switch off the machine and insert the drip tray without the dump box. Turn the machine back on and the brew unit should re align itself.
on Dec 09, 2017
Not finding what you are looking for?