HP PhotoSmart - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
How to disassemble an hp B8550 printer? Carriage
I like how people give answers that they copied and pasted from a generic prompt system that by the way are completely useless 90% of the time. Anyways if your hp b8550 printer or similar model is giving general error code and everything else works , power start up usb connection, ect. Heres the problem and how to fix it for about $3.00. On the right side of the printer there is a panel held on by clips, pull it off. You will see a small black gearbox. Pull on it lightly, if it feels loose just pull it off and out of the printer because the center gear is cracked. Its very common for this gear to break and its only held onto the rod by compression. Anyways remove the metal clip to expose the gears, there will be three, examine the middle one, if it is indeed cracked, you will need to get a replacement online, it is a hp 15t gear. Once you replaced gear, with power off, move carriage all the way to the right and hold there while pushing gear box back onto rod. Good as new. $3.00 and about 10 min of labor. A child could do it but all these so called experts want to charge an arm and a leg and probably not even fix it.
Ink system failure
Just got off the phone to HP and the issue is resolved *phew*. This was what I was told to do for my C5180. First they told me to do a power drain. This is done by pulling out the power cable and then holding the on/off button for a minute, then putting the power cable back in (this didn't work).
Then we did a master reset. Unplug the printer, then pressing the help and ok buttons simultaneously plug it back in. This sorted it. :)
Have to say it looked like this whole process used up shed loads of ink, so by the time I had finished I needed to replace 3 cartridges!
HP were pretty good and were very willing to send out a new printer if the reset didn't work (as the printer is still in warrenty). Hope you get yours sorted too. Rebecca
3 days ago
My HP has a Ink system failure error 0xc19a0003 message
Solution one: Reset the product
Use the instructions below to resolve the issue by restarting the product.
- Disconnect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable from the back of the product, but leave the product turned on.
- Open the cover of the product and remove the print cartridges.
- Close the cover and wait for the Insert Ink Cartridges message to display.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product and wait for one minute.
- Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button.
- Open the cover and reinsert the print cartridges.
- Close the cover. If prompted, print a calibration page.
- Reconnect the USB cable, and try to print a print job from the computer.
Solution two: Service the product If you have completed all the steps listed above and are still experiencing a problem, service the product.
on Apr 18, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?