Boating - Popular Questions, Answers, Tips & Manuals

Sounds like a head gasket, worn valve gasket, as my first guess.

Yamaha Boating | 88 views | 0 helpful votes

there never was one when I worked for dealership split lower unit to get to it shift rod has a coupler that has to be loosened then just pull apart care must be taken when putting back that water tube sleeves are in place also

Johnson Boating | 31 views | 0 helpful votes


Boating | 27 views | 0 helpful votes

Order the repair manual directly from Yamaha.

Yamaha Boating | 23 views | 0 helpful votes

There is an intake pipe on the water pump in the lower unit. Is this the one you are refering to? The water enters the lower unit through side screens and takes it directly into the pump. The pump impeller is driven directly by the driveshaft and is an easy replacement. I have the manual if you need the pages scanned.

Yamaha Boating | 35 views | 0 helpful votes

This is a known issue with the motor and the dealer used to offer replacement under the warranty. If your unit is not too old they might still cover it. Contact the dealer.

Yamaha Boating | 158 views | 0 helpful votes

why don't u try online
some websites deal in it real time.. along with solutions to problems how to repair fix ser vice nd all
reliable-store is pretty good.. they also have live assistance

Boating | 32 views | 1 helpful votes

This is a known issue with this unit. Contact the dealer to see if they still offer free replacement.

Yamaha Boating | 144 views | 0 helpful votes

Not finding what you are looking for?
Boating Logo

17,435 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Boating Experts


Level 3 Expert

696 Answers

ray gallant

Level 3 Expert

60448 Answers

Andrew Taylor
Andrew Taylor

Level 3 Expert

25763 Answers

Are you a Boating Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides