Amazon Kindle - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
How do I add another kindle device to download to from my account
You will have to register the new device (your wifes) to your existing kindle account..
You can do this from your menu settings. Turn the kindle on you want to register press the menu button. After you add device you can share books.
If you do not see the register device option in your settings, you will have to access your account online.Hope this helped.
Amazon Kindle 3...
on Mar 18, 2019
My kindle won't wake up when i slide the power
Welcome to FixYa.
1. Make sure that your Kindle is charged properly.
2. Unplug it from the power source if it is plugged in.
3. Slide and hold the Power switch for 15 secs. then release.
4. Note that the Kindle screen will go blank for about 30 secs. while it restarts.
Thank you for using Fixya. Have a great day.
Amazon Kindle 2
on Aug 28, 2018
I have a loaned book but am unable to see it on my Kindle list. I have accepted the loaned book but cannot see it on my list
Borrow from a Friend
You can borrow a Kindle book from a friend. When the book is available, you will receive an e-mail notification that will allow you to download the book to your Fire tablet, Kindle device, or Kindle reading app.
To download your borrowed book:
- Open the e-mail message "A Loaned Book for You."
- Click the Get your loaned book now button. Your web browser will automatically launch to Amazon so you can accept the loan.
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- If you have a Fire tablet, Kindle device, or Kindle reading app, select which device you would like the book to be delivered to, and then click Accept loaned book.
- If you do not have a Fire tablet, Kindle device, or Kindle reading app, click Accept loaned book and follow the on-screen instructions to download a free Kindle reading app.
The above is from the Amazon.com Help site:
on Aug 28, 2018
Refer to your Internet service provider, if they provided your wireless router, or the router manufacturer, for additional help. Restart your Kindle and modem and/or router. Press and hold the Power button on your Kindle for seven seconds until the Power dialog box appears, and then tap Screen Off.
Amazon Kindle 1
on Jun 25, 2018
My kindle does not to
Make sure that the kindle is fully charged. Plug your kindle into the wall charger, a yellow light will light up. When the yellow light turns green, your kindle is fully charged. Then try turning on your device. If the device still does not turn on, hold the power switch for 15 seconds, this will reboot the device.
Amazon Kindle 3G
on Jun 06, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?