Question about Riccar 8955 Upright Vacuum
Have you tried resetting the machine using the reset button on the back of the vacuum? If not please press the reset button. Here are additional troubleshooting steps that you may apply to determine what's wrong with it.
1. Ensure that the power cord is firmly in. You may also try to unplug and replug the power cord.
2. This vacuums are equipped with a thermal motor protection circuit that will shut the vacuum down if it detects excessive heat up. Overloading due to a clog, or the bag being full can cause heat up.
3. Check the hose pipe or the upright's mouth and remove any obstacles. Use a broom handle to poke any debris that may become trapped in the hose.
4. Unplug the machine and use your fingers to pull out any debris in the machine's mouth. Cut any thread or string that may have become wound around the rollers. Plug the machine back in and press the reset button on the back of the vacuum.
5. Switch the carpet switch to the "Carpet" position if you are using the vacuum on carpet and the vacuum won't pick up debris. Turn the tool activation switch to the "Off" position. Take a look at the light marked "Brushroll." If it's illuminated, remove the cause of the jam at the brushroll.
6. If the vacuum allows dust to escape, check if all the covers are tight. The filters and vacuum bag must be installed correctly. The filters snap into place and cannot be washed and re-used. Make sure the base of the bag collar is on the bag supports.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jul 04, 2011
I'm so sorry guys regarding your broken hoovers. I haven't fixed my broken ones, just bought new ones for a couple of times. Recently I acquired a hoover on https://miglioriaspirapolveri.com/scopa-elettrica - the site recommended me by my Italian friend. So if needed, you also may review cordless cleaner at the site, too.
Posted on Feb 24, 2019
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2017 | Riccar Vacuums
Mar 08, 2015 | Riccar 8955 Upright Vacuum
Apr 22, 2013 | Riccar 8955 Upright Vacuum
Apr 13, 2013 | Riccar Moon, Pazza Vacuum Cleaner...
Aug 18, 2017 | Electrolux Vacuums
Sep 27, 2012 | Vacuums
May 22, 2010 | Riccar 8850 Vacuum
Mar 18, 2010 | Riccar 8850 Vacuum
Jan 15, 2010 | Riccar 8850 Vacuum
Jan 11, 2010 | Riccar 4812 Vacuum
6,808 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!