Question about Fedders Dehumidifiers
there are 5 basic causes for what you have described. They are all
solvable. Pay particular attention to numbers 1 & 2.
1. The humidity extraction level is set to HIGH. Lower it to 32-35%.
2. Air intake filter is dirty or clogged. Turn unit OFF, remove and clean it, if necessary. If washed,
allow filter to completely dry before reinstalling. DO NOT operate the unit without the filter.
3. Obstructed air flow. Maintain a minimum of 12 to 18" of clear air space around the entire unit.
4. Cooling coils are dirty and need to be cleaned. Use warm water & dish washing liquid to clean
the coils. Rinse and wipe dry. Apply a light coating of WD40 to the coils.
5. Ambient air temperature at floor level is between 40 - 60 degrees F. Dehumidifiers do not work
well between those temperatures (Unless, you have a Low Temp Unit). This applies mainly to
basement applications, where the air temperature at floor level is colder than at shoulder level.
Raising the unit up off the floor, onto a sturdy table, counter top, etc, that can handle the weight
of the unit, plus a full tank of water, will usually resolve this problem.
If none of the above solves the problem, it may be a case of the compressor needs to be recharged with refrigerant gas or that the humidity sensor has failed. These things usually occur in units that are 5 years old or older. It's rare in a unit younger than that. But, it can happen.
Hope this helped you to troubleshoot and solve the problem. Please let me know. Thanks
Posted on Jun 21, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2015 | Dehumidifiers
Jul 06, 2011 | LG LHD45EL Dehumidifier
Apr 18, 2011 | Whirlpool Dehumidifiers
Aug 19, 2010 | Whirlpool AD25BBK Dehumidifier
Feb 13, 2010 | Kenmore 54501 Dehumidifier
Apr 29, 2009 | Maytag M7DH65B2A Dehumidifier
Jun 16, 2015 | Fedders Dehumidifiers
221 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!