Question about Uniden Cordless Phone EXAI985
You can operate your answering system from a remote location (when you are away from home, or from another room using a handset).
Use this function to check for recorded messages, to play or delete message. When using any touch-tone telephone, you can even record a new greeting message.
Remote Access away from Home
You can operate your answering system from a remote location using any touch-tone telephone.
1) Call your telephone number.
2) During the greeting message, press 0 and enter your PIN code
3) The answering system announces the current time and the number of messages stored in memory. Then you hear "To play incoming messages, press zero two.
For help, press one zero."
4) You may continue to listen to the voice prompts, or you may select a command from the following chart:
*For Memo Record and Greeting Message Record function, the first time you enter the corresponding command, it starts the Recording function. If you want to stop the recording, enter the command again.
5) After all of the voice prompts have been played, you hear intermittent beeps indicating that the system is in the command waiting mode. You may enter another command at this time from the chart.
6) When you are finished, hang up to exit the system. The answering system automatically returns to standby.
0 then 1 Repeat a Message
0 then 6 Answering System On
0 then 2 Play Incoming Messages
0 then 7 Memo Record/Stop*
0 then 3 Skip a Message
0 then 8 Greeting Message Record/Stop*
0 then 4 Delete a Message 0 then 9 Answering System Off
0 then 5 Stop Operation
1 then 0 Voice Prompts
Turn on the Answering System Remotely
If you have forgotten to turn on your answering system, you can turn it on remotely from any touch-tone telephone.
1) Call your telephone number.
2) Wait ten rings until the system answers. You hear intermittent beeps.
3) Press 0 and then enter your PIN code. The answering system announces the number of messages stored in memory. You hear "To play incoming messages, press zero two. For help, press one zero."
4) Press 0 then 6 to turn the answering system on. You hear the outgoing message and a confirmation tone.
5) Hang up the phone; subsequent calls will be answered by the system.
Posted on Feb 28, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2017 | Cell Phones
May 20, 2014 | NorStar M7208 Corded Phone
Dec 06, 2010 | LG GM200 Cell Phone
Jan 02, 2010 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3i Cellular Phone
Dec 22, 2009 | Nokia 2630 Cell Phone (Unlocked) - Black
Nov 14, 2009 | Nokia N72 Cellular Phone
Nov 08, 2009 | Nokia 6233 Cellular Phone
Sep 24, 2009 | Panasonic KX-T7630 Corded Phone
Sep 21, 2009 | Nokia N70 Cellular Phone
349 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!