Question about Psi 2500 Mobile Pressure Washer 5hp Honda Engine
Here is the long answer with everything we learned while using a power washer twice a day for years:: You have already checked off some of the items, but it doesn't hurt to review
It sounds like could be one of the problems listed below or a combination of those things.
1) The exhaust is partially blocked. Check the screen covering exhaust port for carbon and dirt build-up. High-speed exhaust air must pass freely. We finally broke the exhaust screen out with a screwdriver to get our machine going one day.
2) Gas is not flowing freely to carburetor > under gas tank, find the rubber hose connected to carburetor. Pull off rubber hose and make sure gas flows freely. You can use this hose to drain gas tank of old gas ... and then put in fresh gas.
3) Carburetor is partially gummed up and engine cuts off when gas flow slows down. Buy some gum out, and then don't store power washer with gasoline in the tank. Or put additive in gas when storing machine.
4) The choke is letting in too much gas or not enough gas. Try different adjustments. The choke-lever on our power washer got so bad that we could not set throttle at full open or the machine would die. We still use the machine at 2/3 throttle, and then start it each time using WD-40 as described below.
5) Dirty air filter that won't let engine breath enough air to keep up with combustion. Take off air filter and see if problem persists.
6) The spark coil is going bad?? Change spark plug to see if problem persists. Is spark plug wire pushed all the way onto the spark plug?
Now the nitty gritty: we're gonna start that thing right now
7) Take off air filter. Spray WD-40 directly into carburetor. Yes, we use WD-40 every time to start my power washer, and we use the washer twice a week.
Spray in the WD-40, Pull the engine cord. The engine will fire on WD-40. Guaranteed.
Once it starts, keep spraying WD-40 directly into carburetor to keep engine going.
If engine will not fire and keep going on WD-40, then your spark is suspect.
If your engine fires and runs on WD-40 but dies without it, then your gas supply or carburetor are suspect
8) Carburetor problem >>> try Gum out >>> and then take machine to small engine repair shop
9) Spark ... take out spark plug. Put spark wire back on. Hold spark plug by spark wire. Touch metal threads of spark plug to metal opening where plug came out. Metal to metal. Pull back start cord and look for spark between the metal.
If you have no spark, then spark coil is bad >>> take machine to small engine repair shop
Add a comment if you need more help
Posted on Nov 24, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2018 | Garden
Oct 20, 2014 | Weedeater Garden
Sep 18, 2014 | Honda Horizontal Engine 5 HP OHC 3/4 x...
Jun 17, 2014 | Honda VT 750 DC Shadow Spirit Motorcycles
Dec 28, 2010 | Honda Electrical Supplies
Sep 28, 2017 | Motorcycles
Apr 03, 2010 | 2002 Honda CM 125 C
Aug 12, 2009 | Husqvarna Lawn Tractor - 54in. Deck, 26...
Aug 01, 2009 | Northstar Generator 20 Hp, 13,000 Watt,...
Nov 09, 2013 | Psi 2500 Mobile Pressure Washer 5hp Honda...
1,651 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: