Question about Compaq Presario 4410US (470027-053) PC Desktop
IS THAT A Relic CRT monitors/?? wow.
NOW THE FULL STORY. (GOT TIME NOW, IM IN MEX,GULF ON A BOAT,WITH SLOW WIFI OR NEAR DEAD.)
the PSU is dead if the power button acts dead
no fans right ? no sounds, the 2 or 3 fans do not spin and blow
1: bad PSU
2: or objects plugged into the mobo are shorted,
3: mobo dead (Motherboard)
do the jump test?
Posted on Jan 25, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: my laptop turns on itself..
Go to control panel. Power options and there u can see hibernate. enable hibernate and click apply. and come out and go for shut down and there u can see stand by shutdown and restart. then press shift button on keyboard the standby turn on to hibernate. then click hibernate it will shut down the entire system within 10 to 15 Sec try this. and Mail me on this mail ID
Posted on Dec 19, 2007
check the connection of your wires through your motherboard? try to reseat those connection( caution: you must have an assistance of any qualified personnel or technician because if you reconnect it in wrong position,this will result the motherboard to burn)
BE CAREFUL!!! but this will help..
Posted on Jan 24, 2008
if its by the power button the led just indicates power after u have removed its source and reconnected it........this is normal nothing to worry about.
Posted on Sep 13, 2008
Try this troubleshooting guide it has worked for me in the past 99% of the time http://arstechnica.com/guides/tweaks/troubleshooting.ars
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
Try these steps.
If Power supply light does not turn on (or no power supply LED)
Perform the following steps, in order, until power is restored or it is determined that there is a hardware failure:
NOTE: If the Power Supply fan spins when the PC is turned on but the light does not come on, it is possible the LED is defective. If this is the case, use the section Power supply light comes on or flashes .
1. Disconnect everything from the PC, including the power cord.
2. With the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the front of the computer. Plug in the power cord and test to see if the computer can turn on. If not, continue using these steps.
3. Replace the power cord with another power cord, like the one used by the monitor.
Test to see if the computer can turn on. If not, continue using these steps.
4. Ensure that the voltage selector switch is on the correct setting, 115V for North America.
5. With the power cord removed, flip the red voltage selector switch to the opposite position, wait about five seconds, and then switch the red voltage selector switch back to its original location.
This ensures that the voltage switch is engaged and set correctly for your country/region.
6. Plug in the power cord and test to see if the computer can turn on. If not, continue using these steps.
7. Plug a lamp into the same outlet to see if the wall outlet has power. Try the computer in a different outlet in order to eliminate the outlet as a possible source of the issue. Test both to see if the wall outlets have power.
8. Remove all extension cords, power strips, surge protectors and any converters that remove ground. Plug the power cable directly to the wall outlet. Test for power. If this fixes the issue, find the device that is causing the issue and do not use it.
9. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove the build-up of dust from the power supply fan vent holes. Make sure that the PC is turned off and that the power cord is plugged into a grounded outlet. Only use the end of the vacuum hose near the outside of the fan entrance.
Plug in the power cord and test to see if the computer can turn on. If not, continue using these steps.
10. If all of the above steps have been tried and the power supply light remains off, use the steps in the next section, use the next section Power supply light comes on or flashes , to reseat the cables and check the power switch connector.
Posted on Jan 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 21, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Mar 28, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Nov 07, 2010 | Weslo Cadence Ct 5.8 Treadmill
Oct 11, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console
Jun 14, 2010 | Compaq Presario M2000 Notebook
Nov 24, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
Nov 22, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
Oct 16, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
Oct 19, 2019 | Google Computers & Internet
Oct 19, 2019 | Google Computers & Internet
Oct 19, 2019 | AMERICAN Computers & Internet
Oct 19, 2019 | Computers & Internet
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: