Question about Home

1 Answer

How to put bath supports onto new fibre glass bath.It does not have a wooden frame, do I need to make one?

Posted by on

  • jeffseivers Jun 02, 2010

    What brand/model of fibreflass tub do you have?



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 2,100 Answers

You mean a tub surround? You have no box for the tub to sit in? What were planning on using to hide the sides of the tub? Most big tubs, whirlpools, jacuzzis, etc, sit in a frame work of two by fours and plywood, the ply top supports the tub and the tile, The ply walls or tile board walls are needed for the tile, access to the motor is necessary if you don't have a panel on the tub itself. The tub is set in a finished box, all the tile work done on the top, and set in a ***** of concrete for support. This is for tubs with no sides on them, some tubs have one side finished, and they go up against the walls, and get tiled over the lip. But they get set in mud too. But no walls, just a band against the wall for support. I have seen every tub in every house we have worked on for 25 years done this way, it works. Check it out. Hope this helps. And I hope this is what you are talking about.

Posted on Jun 02, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers


Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Westclox battery wall clock: how do I remove the clock from its wooden frame

check that the back section of the clock is not attached to the wood frame with small screws , if so undo then and the face and the clock will come away from the glass

Jul 22, 2016 | Home

1 Answer

Replace inner door glass in a Maytag CWE900 built-in oven?

There is a poor diagram on, but no instructions. A diagram might help.

Feb 18, 2015 | Maytag Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Driverside window fell in side

window fell off track you need to remove door cover to see what broke

Sep 03, 2014 | 2005 Ford Focus

1 Answer

How do i change a wing mirror glass ?

The glass lens is usually glues onto a frame, some come with this frame and you release it from the housing, and some you have to remove the broken glass from the frame and glue the new one to the frame.

Aug 30, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer


If repairing a fibre glass bath you have to understand that the main bath is fibreglass and resin with a top coat . grind back to fiberglass top and bottom of repair , to reinforce place fibreglass patch mixed with resin under bath = top is jel coat . after repair cut back with wet and dry emery cloth .and polish= easy yes.

Mar 30, 2014 | Maax Home

1 Answer


polystyrene foam ( the white foam plastic used in coolers floats etc ) is the basis for all formed parts in the inside of the boat. Try a small section first with the resin but in boat building the foam is shaped first then put in place then fibre glassed over it with the resin being worked into the fibre glass mat or mixed in the glass chipper as it is sprayed on.

May 15, 2013 | Evercoat 100527 "BOAT YARD" FIBERGLASS...

1 Answer

My favorite framed painting is stuck to the glass and will not come up without leaving parts of the painting behind on the glass

Take the glass its stuck to into the bathroom next time you bath or just leave it in there and turn your shower or bath on full hot get the room really steamy and set it as close as possible to the source of steam. Leave it in for a while it will loosen up.I've done this 4X.

Mar 10, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

How to install glass into a wooden door 4 panel

Hi, you know where the glass runs along the edges their should be some sort of beading that holds the glass in.
This is in 4 pieces and runs along the edge of the part where the glass is, they are usually nailed in with small tacks.
you know the edge of the glass nearest where the glass touches the door, the frame is usually rounded and tacked onto the actual door itself. Gently sanding the frame should reveal the tacks then gently pry off with thin screw driver. This can split but can be purchased for pennys just ask for window beading ok.
Once these are removed its best to use silicon or window bond when you put the new glass in as this will seal any leaks for water and will protect the glass from shock.
Then replace the beading but be gentle as you can break the new glass if you are to heavy handed.
Let me know how you get on ok

May 14, 2008 | KitchenAid Architect Series II KBCS24S 24"...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

89 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Home Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

687 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

20324 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

18060 Answers

Are you a Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides