Question about Amana Dryers
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Dryer does not turn on
Sounds like the motor relay is not functioning. Sometimes the motor will work if the button is pushed but will stop when the button is released. This is caused by a loose wire at the motor or a bad motor relay.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
SOURCE: Thermostat & Fuse Wiring
The heating element failure along with the symptoms you are now experiencing, may indicate blocked or restricted air flow through the exhaust. If airflow is poor, the heater will overheat and eventually fail.
Check the exhaust hose in the rear of the machine and make sure it it not crushed or kinked. The vent pipe should be rigid metal not flexible foil or flexible plastic. If everything in rear looks OK, check the outside vent hood for any blockages. If everything checks out, the exhaust system may need cleaning. Cleaning kits are available at most home improvement centers and at this web site: http://www.linteater.com/.
Posted on Jun 26, 2008
there is a safety device to prevent overheat. this can be a resetteble stat ie with a little button in the middle - press this button and there may be a little click as it resets. dryer will then work.
other type of safety device is a thermal fuse. this will be mounted on top of the dryer duct inside a sleeve. test for continuity and if open circuit, replace it
Posted on Sep 07, 2008
I would think that:
Low voltage. A lack of proper voltage increases the current flow (amps) and can cause overheating, thus, a burnt wire. Remember, the lower the voltage, the higher the amps.
Bad connection. Poor connections can cause small amounts of arcing, thus burning the connection. This adds resistance to the circuit which causes a possible voltage drop and, again overheating due to higher amps.
Since all that equipment is on the same circuit, I would really think it is a voltage drop situation. With everything calling for power at the same time, the breaker trips. In some cases, it may be just enough for the breaker not to trip but still have a low voltage situation.
There is the possibility of an over current, such as a power spike from the power company but it would have to happen more than just a time or two.
And the outside chance that lighting got into the system when it struck something close to you home but it, in almost every case, would destroy something else, usually electronic. (This has happened to me. Trashed my dryer, dishwasher, and answering machine.)
Good luck and hope this helps. Le me know how you come out.
Posted on May 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 02, 2014 | Amana Dryers
Feb 04, 2011 | Amana NED7200TW Electric Dryer
Dec 16, 2010 | Amana NED5100TQ Dryer
Nov 26, 2010 | Amana Dryers
Aug 01, 2010 | Frigidaire GLER341A Electric Dryer
May 27, 2010 | Amana NDE2335AY Electric Dryer
May 13, 2010 | Amana DLE330RAW Electric Dryer
Jan 10, 2010 | Amana DLE330RAW Electric Dryer
Mar 30, 2008 | Amana DLE330RAW Electric Dryer
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: