Question about HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: hp psc 1315 paper jam
. Switch off the printer and disconnect the power supply. Allow any residual charge inside the all-in-one printer to dissipate before putting your hands or any metal tools inside the chassis.
2. Pin down the exact location of the jam. The 3 hot spots for a jam are before a sheet completely leaves the paper tray, anywhere between the feed tray and print carriage or between the print carriage and output tray.
3. Take off the front paper tray if the sheet jammed while still in the front area of the printer. If here, you should be able to see most of the paper.
4. Pull the sheet with both hands and steady pressure. Do not tug as you might rip the paper, leaving a piece deeper inside the machine.
5. Open the back panel to reach paper jammed between the feed-tray area and print carriage. Carefully remove the jammed paper.
6. Use the carriage access door to get at a jam further inside the printer. You may need to remove the print carriage to get to the jam.
7. Replace all parts and return any access panels to their closed and locked positions. Plug your printer back in and flip the power switch.
Posted on Jun 18, 2008
Typically what I have seen with these printers if they do that it is
because there is something blocking the path of the paper. What you can
do if you are comfortable!!
Unplug the printer and lift the printer and and give it a good shake and what ever is blocking the paper will fall out if not it may loosen it enough so that when put the printer down and take a flash light and shine it down the paper feed area you will be able to see what is there and then pull it out with either a pair of needle noose pliers or your hands.
Also if you have a warranty on the printer you can just call Lexmark and they will either walk you through the same process or they will send you a new printer.
Posted on Jun 09, 2009
you probably have a piece of paper inside printer or you have damage a paper sensor path while removing jammed paper.
Posted on Jun 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 22, 2016 | HP LASERJET PRO M1132 MFP
on Mar 17, 2010 | HP LaserJet 4350dtn Printer
Feb 20, 2014 | HP LaserJet M5025 MFP Printer
Oct 03, 2012 | HP LaserJet 4200 Printer
Sep 25, 2011 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
May 23, 2011 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Aug 31, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4L Printer
Oct 23, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4100 Printer
Oct 05, 2007 | HP Photosmart 7450 InkJet Printer
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: