Question about HP PhotoSmart Office Equipment & Supplies
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
To replace the print cartridges
1. Make sure the HP All-in-One is on.
CAUTION: If the HP All-in-One is off when you open the print cartridge door to
access the print cartridges, the HP All-in-One will not release the cartridges for
changing. You might damage the HP All-in-One if the print cartridges are not
docked safely when you try to remove them.
2. Make sure you have letter or A4 unused plain white paper loaded in the input tray.
3. Open the print cartridge door.
The print carriage moves to the far right side of the HP All-in-One.
4. Wait until the print carriage is idle and silent, and then lightly press down on a print
cartridge to release it.
If you are replacing the tri-color print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the
slot on the left.
If you are replacing the black or photo print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from
the slot on the right.
1 Print cartridge slot for the tri-color print cartridge
2 Print cartridge slot for the black and photo print cartridges
5. Pull the print cartridge toward you out of its slot.
6. If you are removing the black print cartridge in order to install the photo print cartridge,store the black print cartridge in the print cartridge protector or an airtight plastic container.
7. Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch only
the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.
1 Copper-colored contacts
2 Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)
3 Ink nozzles under tape
CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Touching
these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
8. Slide the new print cartridge forward into the empty slot. Then gently push the upper
part of the print cartridge forward until it clicks into the socket.
If you are installing the tri-color print cartridge, slide it into the left slot.
If you are installing a black or photo print cartridge, slide it into the right slot.
Work with print cartridges 69
Maintain the HP All-in-One
9. Close the print cartridge door.
If you installed a new print cartridge, the HP All-in-One prints a print cartridge
10. When prompted, ensure plain white paper is loaded in the input tray, then press the
button next to OK.
NOTE: If you have colored paper loaded in the input tray when you align the print
cartridges, the alignment will fail. Load unused plain white paper into the input
tray, and then try the alignment again.
11. Place the page print side down on the scanner glass and then press the button next
to OK to scan the page.
When the On
Please Don't forget to rate this solution. Thanks.
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it... It is hard to get the cover off (and it's not the top cover, but the one on the right side as facing), but once you do follow the directions below.
- Turn off power and unplug from power source.
- Open right side of printer (looking at the front).
- Disconnect by pulling gently, both white flat ribbon cables off the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on. Wait till you get a error message and push "Ok".
- Unplug power source.
- Reconnect the flat ribbon cables by aligning and carefully pushing into the conectors on the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on (Printer preparing occurred).
Posted on Jul 11, 2009
SOURCE: printing error oxc18a0101
Try resetting the printer:
1- Turn off power and unplug from power source.
2- Open right side of printer (looking at the front).
3- Disconnect,by pulling gently, both white flat ribbon cables off the main circuit board.
4- Plug in power source and turn printer on. Wait till you get a error message and push "Ok".
5- Unplug power source.
6- Reconnect the flat ribbon cables by aligning and carefully pushing into the conectors on the main circuit board.
7- Plug in power source and turn printer on.
Posted on Jul 19, 2009
Turn off the machine, unplug the power cord from the back of the machine, remove the ink cartridges (lift the lid up at the base of the control panel), wait 2 min, plug the power cord back in, press the on button, wait until the printer prompts that the ink cartridges are missing, then replace the ink cartridges. If this doesn't fix the problem you may have to re-prime the ink lines to clear the error. You can find instructions for this at http://www.ccl-la.com/blog/index.php/hp-photosmart-ink-system-failure-1/.
Posted on Mar 15, 2010
Is this a Hp cartridge or a cheaper brand?
I got this error myself too with cheaper cartridges.
You cal solvo this error by buying the original Hp cartridges
Posted on Apr 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2015 | HP Photosmart D7360 Digital Photo Inkjet...
Sep 17, 2014 | HP PhotoSmart Office Equipment & Supplies
May 12, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 09, 2011 | HP PhotoSmart C4180 All-in-One Color...
Mar 03, 2010 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
Nov 25, 2009 | HP Photosmart C8180 InkJet Printer
Nov 15, 2009 | HP - HP Photosmart 8250 printer
Jul 16, 2009 | HP Photosmart D7460 Printer
Jan 23, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 18, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 20, 2019 | HP M2727NF Laserjet Printer
Feb 19, 2019 | HP LaserJet Office Equipment & Supplies
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!