The bucket full light is controlled by a manual 'float' switch in the bucket itself
-when the water level rises...it lifts the float ...turns on the light and does not allow the unit to operate because it believes it is full.
It is very common for the 'float' to gets misaligned, hung-up, etc. when you remove and re-insert the bucket. Sometimes the 'chain' gets twisted, turned...which does not allow the float to ...float...rather it is 'hung-up' which indicates it is 'full'...when in fact it is clearly not.
To check this:
- remove bucket from unit
- look into the top of the bucket opening to locate the 'float'...generally 2" round plastic ball on a shaft, (or chain)
- softly cup the float in order to lift this up...with the unit stilll plugged in...to see if the light goes off...this is very likely
- then be sure that the float mechanism is able to freely 'float' in the space....i.e. you are trying to simulate the impact of rising water levels in the bucket
- as it rises (in your hand the machine will turn off/light on...as it drops....the light shuts off, allowing the machine to run (when humidity levels demand it)
- then re-install the bucket....being very careful to lift the float, while you insert it...there is generally a little nack to it...but you quickly learn how to do it easily (I just reach into the space...cup the float...put the bucket on an angle...slide it in....release the float into the bucket...(remove hand)...then finish pushing the bucket into place
-hope this helps