Question about Hotpoint Dryers
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Replacing the Drive Belt
I am not an expert but I do have a Hotpoint 9334 Tumble Dryer which I guess is similar to the 9314.
To replace belt or heater element you must remove the front panel complete with door.
Screws are different sizes in different places so note where they belong as you remove them.
1. Remove 2 screws at rear top which go through the brackets holding the top panel, slide back the top panel a little and lift it off.
2. Pull off the rotary timer knob and remove 2 screws beneath.
3. This is the tricky bit! Remove the the plastic panel which covers the switches etc.. This panel has 5 plastic fingers which secure it to the metal plate behind, locate the ends of the fingers where they pass through the metal plate. Using a metal rod or punch and a hammer, tap the ends of the fingers to push them back through the holes easing each in turn a little at a time to avoid distorting the plastic unduly. (This is a bit scary as you have to hit them quite hard and the fingers look fragile)
4. Open the door and remove the 4 screws then remove 3 screws at the top and 3 screws at the bottom of the front panel. Lift and ease forward the front panel, unhook the door catch release wire, pull off the electrical connectors and put the front panel aside.
5. Lay the machine on its back and remove 1 screw holding the element housing to the top plate and pull off the electrical connectors.
6. Fit the belt around the drum, through the idler pulleys and over the motor spindle.
7. Put it all back together.
Posted on Feb 03, 2008
most electric dryers have a wiring schematic on the back or inside on the back pannel of the unit it self . try too look for one there and it might help you out
Posted on Oct 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2016 | Hotpoint Dryers
Dec 03, 2015 | Hotpoint Dryers
Nov 22, 2012 | Hotpoint Belt Drum Drive for VTD00, VTD20,...
May 12, 2012 | Indesit IS70C Electric Dryer
May 08, 2011 | Hotpoint Dryers
Dec 07, 2009 | Hotpoint Dryers
Nov 12, 2009 | Hotpoint Dryers
Nov 05, 2009 | Hotpoint Dryers
Feb 20, 2009 | Hotpoint NBXR463EBWW Electric Dryer
Jan 16, 2009 | Dryers
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: