Question about Kohler Electrical Supplies
I would think the coolant level safety feature triggers the fault and /or parameters set up or programming.
Posted on Dec 19, 2018
There might be two reasons for the failure of generator auto start.
1. It is the ATS automatic conversion control device that does not issue the start generator command after the mains power failure or phase loss operation, or the self-starting relay failure, which causes the generator to not start itself. This situation is relatively rare.
2. It is the generator start battery failure, and this kind of situation is relatively more.
Posted on Dec 19, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Can't search for a manual without model, type, serial, etc numbers...
A few things to take a look at:
1) Oil level / pressure sending unit. This is normally bypassed as long as the start switch is pressed. When engine starts, and switch is released, engine will die if sending unit is defective, or you are low on oil.
2) Exhaust temperature sensors. Older units were notorious for burning these up.
3) Cooling Water Temperature sensor. These cause trouble often, but mostly due to water pump impeller being eaten away by galvanic action and not able to pump water as effecively. End result is water temp higher than normal, which trips the switch, which kills the engine.
4) Alternator (generator) output not as it should. If output doesn't rise to proper level within a few seconds of engine start, the engine will be shut down.
5) Choke not working as it should
6) Bad fuel, bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter.
Posted on Jun 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 06, 2012 | Kohler Electrical Supplies
Jul 13, 2011 | Kohler 12 kW Emergency Power System -...
Feb 15, 2011 | Electrical Supplies
May 26, 2010 | Kohler Electrical Supplies
Feb 04, 2010 | Kohler 12 kW Emergency Power System -...
Jan 25, 2010 | Kohler 12 kW Emergency Power System -...
Apr 20, 2009 | Electrical Supplies
103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!