Question about Samsung Audio Players & Recorders
Restore Deleted Data from Samsung
Here I'll introduce you Android ToolKit - Android data recovery to restore deleted data from Samsung, which has been widely accepted as the best recovery tool to recover deleted data from Samsung Android phone selectively. By using this tool, all deleted contacts, messages, call history, videos, photos, documents, WhatsApp messages, and more will be deeply scanned and recovered from your Android device. You are allowed to preview the data before recovery.
Additionally, this program enables to extract data from broken Android device, backup & restore Android on computer safely. Compatible with almost all Android models, such as, Samsung (Galaxy Note 9/8/5/4, Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7/S6), HTC, Lenovo, Huawei, Google Pixel, LG, Sony, OPPO, OnePlus, ZTE, Xiaomi, etc,.
Posted on Jun 18, 2019
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: My YP-Z5 unresponsive
There is a reset button at bottom by the usb connection port, try pressing that i had similer problem downloaded the manual from samsung site which said try doing that so i did and now it seems to work fine
Posted on Nov 22, 2007
SOURCE: Connection to my computer
UMS mode allows the Z5 to interface to the computer as if it were a removable hard drive. You can then use Windows File Explorer to manage the files in the Z5.
To get into UMS mode, connect the Z5 to the USB port while simultaneously holding down the "return" button (the top of the square keypad) while connecting. This will put the player into UMS mode for that connection period only.
If you upgrade to the new firmware, you have the option of making it always connect in UMS mode.
The steps to install the latest firmware are:
(1) Download version 2.37 or newest of the Z5 firmware http://www.samsung.com.
(2) Unzip it to get the file named "Z5Update.dat".
(3) Disconnect the Z5 from the USB port.
(4) Reconnect the Z5 to the USB port while simultaneously holding down the "return" button (the top of the square keypad) while connecting. This will put the player into UMS mode for that connection period only.
(5) Open a File Explorer window, and find the YP-Z5 device.
(6) At this point, make sure the Z5 is fully charged and has at least 30MBytes of free space.
(7) Copy the file "Z5Update.dat" to the root directory of the YP-Z5 device.
(8) Now disconnect the Z5 from the USB port.
(9) The Z5 will display the option to upgrade to the new software, or to cancel.
(10) Select "Upgrade". This will power off the Z5.
(11) Connect the USB cable to the Z5. Now it will upgrade the firmware under USB power. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE USB UNTIL THE UPGRADE FINISHES. After finishing the upgrade, new firmware will be started automatically.
(12) Check the version information in the "Settings > System Info > Version" tab.
Now you can turn on the UMS only option.
Settings / System Info / UMS Only = On
Posted on Jan 07, 2008
Go into my computer then right click on the removable storage icon and then on format.
Hope this helps, I have had mine for nearly 2 years and it has only allowed me to play one album for the last 18 months, the worst £130 I have ever spent.
Posted on Mar 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 23, 2011 | Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 Player
Jun 12, 2011 | Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 Player
Jan 31, 2010 | Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 Player
Dec 31, 2007 | Samsung Yepp YP-Z5AB / YP-Z5AS MP3 Player
Apr 18, 2007 | Samsung Yepp YP-Z5AB / YP-Z5AS MP3 Player
Nov 09, 2006 | Samsung YP-Z5A MP3 Player
Jul 14, 2019 | Samsung Audio Players & Recorders
100 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!