Question about Kohler Electrical Supplies
Sounds Like possibly the regulator is the issue.
Flightsystems Can test these to see if it is good or not.
also here is a link for the service manual
Posted on Apr 16, 2019
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi, I have the same generator and I pull the load and it is fine. The engine RPM is controlled by the
governor. The voltage will not come up until the RPM is at full. First see what the RPM problem is and then check the voltage. Open the cover and look to see if the carb linkage is hooked up , if it is you mite have carb problem and address that first. Hope that helps.
Posted on Dec 19, 2008
OC stands for Over Crank. How long does it take before the genset starts?
Posted on May 07, 2009
Can't search for a manual without model, type, serial, etc numbers...
A few things to take a look at:
1) Oil level / pressure sending unit. This is normally bypassed as long as the start switch is pressed. When engine starts, and switch is released, engine will die if sending unit is defective, or you are low on oil.
2) Exhaust temperature sensors. Older units were notorious for burning these up.
3) Cooling Water Temperature sensor. These cause trouble often, but mostly due to water pump impeller being eaten away by galvanic action and not able to pump water as effecively. End result is water temp higher than normal, which trips the switch, which kills the engine.
4) Alternator (generator) output not as it should. If output doesn't rise to proper level within a few seconds of engine start, the engine will be shut down.
5) Choke not working as it should
6) Bad fuel, bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter.
Posted on Jun 12, 2010
Please give some information about your generator: is it 5ECD, 5EKD or some other - then give some more details about it.
Posted on Jul 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 15, 2018 | Kohler Electrical Supplies
Sep 11, 2013 | Kohler Limited Edition Marine Generator 2...
May 05, 2017 | Kohler Electrical Supplies
May 02, 2012 | Electrical Supplies
Feb 15, 2011 | Electrical Supplies
May 26, 2010 | Kohler Electrical Supplies
Aug 11, 2009 | Electrical Supplies
Apr 20, 2009 | Electrical Supplies
579 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!