Question about HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
set printer to mfg mode
press *# together
change from user to mfg mode
shut down restart
press power button after a graphic screen
see rainbow screen
press power button again
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
You can try manual cleaning :
# Hold the cartridge upside down, with the bar-code label facing you and take a damp paper towel.
# Use the towel to wipe the printhead of the cartridge on the bottom (where the ink comes out). Wipe the printhead horizontally in one direction only (left to right).
# Continue doing this until it looks clean.
# Then dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure the ink is flowing.
# Next, look inside the printer and locate the carrier that holds ink cartridges. Caution: Make sure the cartridges are not installed at this point.
1. Look for a shiny piece of metal underneath the contacts at the back of the carrier.
2. Take a damp cotton swab (use water only!) and wipe along the bottom of the shiny metal piece. Note: You may need more than one swab.
# Reinstall the cartridges, making sure you snap them correctly into the printer.
Posted on Feb 16, 2009
To replace the print cartridges
1. Make sure the HP All-in-One is on.
CAUTION: If the HP All-in-One is off when you open the print cartridge door to
access the print cartridges, the HP All-in-One will not release the cartridges for
changing. You might damage the HP All-in-One if the print cartridges are not
docked safely when you try to remove them.
2. Make sure you have letter or A4 unused plain white paper loaded in the input tray.
3. Open the print cartridge door.
The print carriage moves to the far right side of the HP All-in-One.
4. Wait until the print carriage is idle and silent, and then lightly press down on a print
cartridge to release it.
If you are replacing the tri-color print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the
slot on the left.
If you are replacing the black or photo print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from
the slot on the right.
1 Print cartridge slot for the tri-color print cartridge
2 Print cartridge slot for the black and photo print cartridges
5. Pull the print cartridge toward you out of its slot.
6. If you are removing the black print cartridge in order to install the photo print cartridge,store the black print cartridge in the print cartridge protector or an airtight plastic container.
7. Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch only
the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.
1 Copper-colored contacts
2 Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)
3 Ink nozzles under tape
CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Touching
these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
8. Slide the new print cartridge forward into the empty slot. Then gently push the upper
part of the print cartridge forward until it clicks into the socket.
If you are installing the tri-color print cartridge, slide it into the left slot.
If you are installing a black or photo print cartridge, slide it into the right slot.
Work with print cartridges 69
Maintain the HP All-in-One
9. Close the print cartridge door.
If you installed a new print cartridge, the HP All-in-One prints a print cartridge
10. When prompted, ensure plain white paper is loaded in the input tray, then press the
button next to OK.
NOTE: If you have colored paper loaded in the input tray when you align the print
cartridges, the alignment will fail. Load unused plain white paper into the input
tray, and then try the alignment again.
11. Place the page print side down on the scanner glass and then press the button next
to OK to scan the page.
When the On
Please Don't forget to rate this solution. Thanks.
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
Is this a Hp cartridge or a cheaper brand?
I got this error myself too with cheaper cartridges.
You cal solvo this error by buying the original Hp cartridges
Posted on Apr 13, 2010
The ink system failure is caused by air in the ink feed tubes. This happens if you allow the ink to fully run out of the cartridge and it **** air in or if you use poorly filled refill cartridges that have air bubbles. To clear the error you will need to perform a purge on the ink lines to clear the air out. We have a step by step guide posted on our web site at: http://www.ccl-la.com/blog/index.php/category/printer-repair/hp-printer-repair/ The process will take about 10 minutes to finish but then you should have a fully functional printer again.
I hope this helps, If so please rate our solution.
Posted on May 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 21, 2018 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
May 27, 2010 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
May 18, 2010 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
Jan 31, 2010 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
Apr 05, 2009 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
Mar 23, 2015 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
154 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: